Missing Engines

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
TNTOutburst
Sign-up code: 10159

Missing Engines

Post by TNTOutburst »

Why doesn't CCRL have other versions of Stockfish like Raubfisch, Mcbrain and CiChess?
Graham Banks
Sign-up code: 0

Re: Missing Engines

Post by Graham Banks »

TNTOutburst wrote:Why doesn't CCRL have other versions of Stockfish like Raubfisch, Mcbrain and CiChess?
No point.
Besides, there are plenty of genuine engines to test.
TNTOutburst

Post by TNTOutburst »

I dont know what the goal of ccrl is but i thought it should have them because they are better then stockfish 9 and also why not
Ray

Post by Ray »

CPU time is in short supply and testing lots of Stockfish variants (or variants of any other engine for that matter) is very low on the priority list.
T-Poppins

Post by T-Poppins »

TNTOutburst wrote:Why doesn't CCRL have other versions of Stockfish like Raubfisch, Mcbrain and CiChess?
It has asmFish, Matefinder, SugaR XPro and Sting SF, which is already more than necessary.

Raubfisch is AFAIK just a tweak of Brainfish that can use multiple books + some extra UCI options à la SugaR. Most likely an illegal clone -- doesn't even have its own site, is only distributed via various forums and shady filehosting sites; the few of its downloads that I have checked out did not include the source code (a violation of GPL).

McBrain is geared towards analysis, not eng-eng play.

Never heard of CiChess. Is it this? If yes, it's like CFish but much less developed; and we don't have CFish as functionally it is a straight port of SF to C.
TNTOutburst wrote:I dont know what the goal of ccrl is but i thought it should have them because they are better then stockfish 9 and also why not
Better how?
CCRL's goals are outlined on its home page; what I can add to that is what is not among our goals: having the top of the lists cluttered with numerous Stockfish clones, all within 5-10 Elo of each other.