I'm downloading and sharing

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
luckybaer
Sign-up code: 0

I'm downloading and sharing

Post by luckybaer »

Hi, guys. Thanks for the great site!

I'm downloading some stuff, and I'm sharing, too. At least I'm pretty sure I am. eMule shows stuff uploading, so I guess I'm sharing!

Thanks again!
Pachnes

Welcome to the community!

Post by Pachnes »

Hi,

welcome to the community.

I see, you use the ancient eMule 0.46c. Most of us are not archaeologists, so you should update to eMule 0.47c. There are a few severe security leaks, which are fixed with 0.47c.
Regards,

Thomas
luckybaer

Re: Welcome to the community!

Post by luckybaer »

Pachnes wrote:Hi,

I see, you use the ancient eMule 0.46c. Most of us are not archaeologists, so you should update to eMule 0.47c. There are a few severe security leaks, which are fixed with 0.47c.
OK, smarty. :roll:
:D
Kees

Post by Kees »

Pachnes wrote:Hi,

I am also downloading and sharing (many), but strangely my downloading is much slower than the uploading.
Normally it should be the other way round.

The upload is at his maximum of my connection (110k) but my downloading is only 1/3 and lower (10k-60k) while my connection is around 1000k !!

Someone knows wath is happening here.

Thanks in advance
Wulff
Sign-up code: 10159

Post by Wulff »

Hi Kees!
Kees wrote:I am also downloading and sharing (many), but strangely my downloading is much slower than the uploading.

The upload is at his maximum of my connection (110k) but my downloading is only 1/3 and lower (10k-60k) while my connection is around 1000k !!

Thanks in advance
Well , that one is easy, as you yourself stated, you can only upload at 110K, and that is the case for many (most) other users as well, so unless you have many sources, you would not be able to use your download rate in full. I myself only have 25KB upload rate, I am uploading to 8 client sat a time, so they each get about 3KB/s,so if you are downloading from me, I only fill up 3KB of your 1000KB download capacity.

Am I making sense, or are you now more confused than before ?

8)
Kees

Post by Kees »

Wulff wrote:Hi Kees!
Kees wrote:I am also downloading and sharing (many), but strangely my downloading is much slower than the uploading.

Thanks in advance
Well , that one is easy, as you yourself stated, you can only upload at 110K, and that is the case for many (most) other users as well, so unless you have many sources, you would not be able to use your download rate in full. I myself only have 25KB upload rate, I am uploading to 8 client sat a time, so they each get about 3KB/s,so if you are downloading from me, I only fill up 3KB of your 1000KB download capacity.

Am I making sense, or are you now more confused than before ?

8)
Thanks for your answer

I understand it but i see also that are so little sources. Most of the time i get the file from 1 source!! There mus be many who have these files?!!

Some time ago Rense Steenhuisen had a ftp site where you could download all these files. Too bad this site is gone (Or isn"t it??)

Greetings Kees
Pachnes

Post by Pachnes »

Hi Kees,

there are at least 3 complete sources for every file. There are sure other 3 uncomplete sources (members of the community, who download these files) for every file. So you should have 6 sources for every file. Please try to enable KAD and connect to DonkeyServer No2 with IP 62.241.53.16.

To ensure, not to connect to a Fake Server, please make the steps, I explained in http://kd.lab.nig.ac.jp/chess/discussio ... b81fd80442

Dan Wulff and me share a complete set. We both are connected to DonkeyServer No2 with IP 62.241.53.16. I explicitely write the IP address, because there is a Fake Server named DonkeyServer No2, but this server has the IP address 71.x.x.x

A small hint:
All servers with 71.x.x.x are Fake Servers. But there are others too. There are only about 60 Servers which are secure servers, but from those 60 servers we can use only servers which have a Filelimit > 2600 (Softlimit and Hardlimit) as we share 2512 files. The other servers are to small to index and publish such an amount of files or just the admin of the server does not want this.

If we all connect to the same server, every client after starting eMule in advance does find all sources and therefore can start downloading in advance.
Regards,

Thomas
Kees

Post by Kees »

Pachnes wrote:Hi Kees,

there are at least 3 complete sources for every file. There are sure other 3 uncomplete sources (members of the community, who download these files) for every file. So you should have 6 sources for every file. Please try to enable KAD and connect to DonkeyServer No2 with IP 62.241.53.16.

To ensure, not to connect to a Fake Server, please make the steps, I explained in http://kd.lab.nig.ac.jp/chess/discussio ... b81fd80442

Dan Wulff and me share a complete set. We both are connected to DonkeyServer No2 with IP 62.241.53.16. I explicitely write the IP address, because there is a Fake Server named DonkeyServer No2, but this server has the IP address 71.x.x.x

A small hint:
All servers with 71.x.x.x are Fake Servers. But there are others too. There are only about 60 Servers which are secure servers, but from those 60 servers we can use only servers which have a Filelimit > 2600 (Softlimit and Hardlimit) as we share 2512 files. The other servers are to small to index and publish such an amount of files or just the admin of the server does not want this.

If we all connect to the same server, every client after starting eMule in advance does find all sources and therefore can start downloading in advance.

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reaction

I have changed the settings in emule and i hope it helps a little bit for the speed

Greetings Kees