eMule 0.47c Xtreme 5.3

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Pachnes
Sign-up code: 0

eMule 0.47c Xtreme 5.3

Post by Pachnes »

Hi,

I am testing eMule 0.47c Xtreme 5.3, Obfuscating on. I am using the new zz algorithm for upload. If you see any issue in downloading from me (most of you), or uploading to me, than please report it here or post me with your Mule.

Until now it seems to be a stable piece of software.
Last edited by Pachnes on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Thomas
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Thomas, thanks for information! I am now also trying Xtreme 5.3b1. Seems working fine so far. Can you briefly explain what is "zz" algorithm, or post link to some information about it?
Pachnes

It is an algorithm to select chunks.

Post by Pachnes »

Hi Kirill,

welcome back!

This is an algorithm which was introduced in NeoMule early this year. This algorithm tries the following:

When I download with zz, zz first tries, to complete chunks, which I had started before and are not finisfhed for any reason. Second it tries to download a new chunk of a given file from all sources, which currently upload to this file. This makes it easier to complete chunks. I can only offer complete chunks to other peers. So it makes spreading of chunks faster.

When I upload with zz to a peer a given file, it tries to upload the rarest chunk to the peer. This does help too, to spread rare chunks.

I gave it a try and until now it does work fine for me.
Regards,

Thomas
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Thanks for explaining! I'll give "zz" a try.

Everyone, if you experience random disconnects from eMule server, please connect to servers running lugdunum 17.14. (Thanks to Thomas for this hint).