5-1 generation.

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

5-1 generation.

Post by jshriver »

I was generating a 5-1 set using the feg.exe generator.
It seems there was a problem w/ wine and after letting it burn away cpu time for 3 days it crashed. Though the file at the time was about 3gigs.

Going to try this again on a windows box I built for chess. It's an old P500, but I can just leave it in my closet and let it do it's own thing.

-Josh
kp1139

Post by kp1139 »

I have an extra system (Dual MP2400 - 2GB memory). I can generate this data if the process is explained here. Be more than happy to post the databases after completion.

As I understand it the code to convert FEG to Nalimov is not freely available?

Matt
vb4

Re: 5-1 generation.

Post by vb4 »

jshriver wrote:I was generating a 5-1 set using the feg.exe generator.
It seems there was a problem w/ wine and after letting it burn away cpu time for 3 days it crashed. Though the file at the time was about 3gigs.

Going to try this again on a windows box I built for chess. It's an old P500, but I can just leave it in my closet and let it do it's own thing.

-Josh
Hi Josh,

Just taking a moment to thank you for giving the 5-1 egtb's a go. I realize it doesnt hold much benefit from a engines point of view but it does hold a great deal of interest in my ongoing study of egtb's. Wishing you luck to resolve your problems and looking forward to you or anyone else out here annoouncing the 5-1 egtb's have been completed <S>

Thanks,

Les
jshriver

Re: 5-1 generation.

Post by jshriver »

vb4 wrote: Hi Josh,

Just taking a moment to thank you for giving the 5-1 egtb's a go. I realize it doesnt hold much benefit from a engines point of view but it does hold a great deal of interest in my ongoing study of egtb's. Wishing you luck to resolve your problems and looking forward to you or anyone else out here annoouncing the 5-1 egtb's have been completed <S>

Thanks,

Les
No problem going to give it another shot :). I also like studying egtb's from a player point of view there's a lot of gems hidden inside the data.

I'll post when I have an update.

-Josh
vb4

Looking for an update

Post by vb4 »

Hi Josh,

I was just wondering if you have looked in your closet <s> to see how the generation of the 5-1 egtb's were doing. I was also wondering if anyone had supllied you with the info you mentioned you needed to get the generation going?

Thanks,

Les
jshriver

Re: Looking for an update

Post by jshriver »

vb4 wrote:Hi Josh,

I was just wondering if you have looked in your closet <s> to see how the generation of the 5-1 egtb's were doing. I was also wondering if anyone had supllied you with the info you mentioned you needed to get the generation going?

Thanks,

Les
Good Morning,

*stretch* I put that on the backburner till I finish my queue of other project.
the FEG generator seems to crash on me after a couple days of running so I'm not sure what's wrong. It doesnt take much effort to set it up to run. But since there's no programs I know of to access 5-1 FEG egtb's, it made generating them kinda pointless at the moment. I do want try it again once I have some more free time. Sorry for the inconveniance.

Have a good day,
-Josh
vb4

Thanks

Post by vb4 »

Keep me posted.

Les
guido

Post by guido »

jshriver wrote:
Good Morning,

the FEG generator seems to crash on me after a couple days of running so I'm not sure what's wrong. It doesnt take much effort to set it up to run. But since there's no programs I know of to access 5-1 FEG egtb's, it made generating them kinda pointless at the moment. I do want try it again once I have some more free time. Sorry for the inconveniance.

Have a good day,
-Josh
I'm trying to generate the 5-1 TBs with my program (gafs) even if very slowly and starting from the more simplex endings, those with quadruplicating and triplicating men. I didn't find any problem or
error in generating these TBs. The only point is the dimension of the tables and the wide usage of the disk. My program can obviously access the files and extract positions on the basis of the result.
If someone is interested in these statistics I can send them to him or attach here.

guido
Nulla dies sine linea
vb4

Post by vb4 »

guido wrote:
jshriver wrote:
Hi Guido,

Listen I am only interested in the 5-1 stats (tbs) files for any of these positions you have. Do you have the defacto standard tbs files that we are all accostumed seeing that gets generated when the tb files are generated with Eugenes generator? Are you planning on generating the others also? (pretty please <s>)

My email address is:

vb4@prodigy.net

Thanks,

Les

Good Morning,

Have a good day,
-Josh
I'm trying to generate the 5-1 TBs with my program (gafs) even if very slowly and starting from the more simplex endings, those with quadruplicating and triplicating men. I didn't find any problem or
error in generating these TBs. The only point is the dimension of the tables and the wide usage of the disk. My program can obviously access the files and extract positions on the basis of the result.
If someone is interested in these statistics I can send them to him or attach here.

guido