Need breakdown of EGTB's

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
vb4
Sign-up code: 0

Need breakdown of EGTB's

Post by vb4 »

Hi,

Can someone supply me with the following information:

# of files in 3 piece EGTB =
# of files in 4 piece EGTB =
# of files in 5 piece EGTB =
# of files in 6 piece EGTB =

I want to keep track as to how close we are to completing the entire set

Thanks,

Les
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Quick answer ...

Post by guyhaw »

Your objective is not well-defined: who is 'we' and what do you mean by 'how close'.
Whatever - 3- to 5-man EGTs are a 'done deal' and ignorable in answering your question. Rob Hyatt can provide them very quickly by ftp.
If 'we' means the 'EGTs Online' community, then the answer is fairly simple. There are just 16 EGTs missing and you can assume a standard size, factored down by 2 when there are 'two like men' in the force.
On the other hand, if your objective is to have 10+ copies available (as reported by eMule search) across the community, you need to look at KK's latest snapshot and then check it by searching with eMule yourself. It's not just about how many files and how big they are.
But if you're tracking progress, you presumably have a spreadsheet of filenames and MD5sums, and can answer your own question.
g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Les, as far as I know:

# of files in 3 piece EGTB = 10
# of files in 4 piece EGTB = 55
# of files in 5 piece EGTB = 220
# of files in 6 piece EGTB = 2536

Most of this think information is available at EGTB Online page. (except the missing 6-men sets).
vb4

Restating my question

Post by vb4 »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Hi Les, as far as I know:

# of files in 3 piece EGTB = 10
# of files in 4 piece EGTB = 55
# of files in 5 piece EGTB = 220
# of files in 6 piece EGTB = 2536

Most of this think information is available at EGTB Online page. (except the missing 6-men sets).
Hi Kirill,

First I want to apologize for not making myself clear with my request and thank you for your response. Let me try to explain more clearly what I was looking for. The number of tablebases for each set is as follows:

Pieces # of TB's Configuration of TB
3 5 2-1
4 30 3-1 2-2
5 110 4-1 3-2
6 365 5-1 4-2 3-3

Is there a link where I can go to know how many tablebases (TB) there are in each of the sets under the Configuration of TB??

I apologize to Guy for not being clearer and I kind of was rushing when I posted.

Thanks once again for your attention,

Les
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Re: Restating my question

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

vb4 wrote:Hi Kirill,

First I want to apologize for not making myself clear with my request and thank you for your response. Let me try to explain more clearly what I was looking for. The number of tablebases for each set is as follows:

Pieces # of TB's Configuration of TB
3 5 2-1
4 30 3-1 2-2
5 110 4-1 3-2
6 365 5-1 4-2 3-3

Is there a link where I can go to know how many tablebases (TB) there are in each of the sets under the Configuration of TB??

I apologize to Guy for not being clearer and I kind of was rushing when I posted.

Thanks once again for your attention,

Les
You can download the MD5 files from the EGTB Online project page, and count the files in different sets. Yesterday I updated the page with the latest MD5 files for remaining 16 33p sets, so by now the MD5 data should be complete for 3-4-5-6 piece tablebases.

I did not count them yet. I only counted them for 5-men bases, and the numbers are available on the page.

Best,
Kirill
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Agreed on 6-man files

Post by guyhaw »

Kyrill,
Just grafted Marc's MD5sums into my .xls: 2536 6-man EGTs agreed:
130 @ 3-3, 164 @ 4-2, 1008 @ 3-3p and 1234 @ 4-2p
g