TableWell is reforming

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
TapaniS
Sign-up code: 0

TableWell is reforming

Post by TapaniS »

TableWell is temporarily out of date (they changed a server for it and hope to get better performance with this new one).

I hope to get all clear again as soon as possible.

Best regards,
TapaniS
jshriver

Re: TableWell is reforming

Post by jshriver »

TapaniS wrote:TableWell is temporarily out of date (they changed a server for it and hope to get better performance with this new one).

I hope to get all clear again as soon as possible.

Best regards,
TapaniS
Keep up the great work :)

-Josh
TapaniS

Server change ok

Post by TapaniS »

Thanks Josh, after having some troubles everything should be updated and checked again. The server change caused at least one week delay for the FTP1 line, it would have been updated by now otherwise.

Mr. Lutz Nebe has started FTP4 line. Check it out.

TableWell main page:
http://www.tablewell.net/Tbase6/6index.htm

64 regards,
TapaniS
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

TapaniS, Josh, do you mind if I add links to your sites to the EGTB Online project page? :-)

And thanks for the great work you are doing!
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:TapaniS, Josh, do you mind if I add links to your sites to the EGTB Online project page? :-)

And thanks for the great work you are doing!
I dont mind if you link to olympuschess, I'd feel honored :)
Sadly I haven't been able to update it lately, just finished an 18 hour work day and have to do another in 5 hours. Though I'll only be doing this till August, then I can update it more frequently again.

-Josh
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

I added this to the project page:
You can also download some of the 6-men tablebases at olympuschess by Joshua Shriver and Tablewell by TapaniS. Please use those sites only if you are for some reason unable to run eMule (or aMule on Mac/Linux), because when you download the EGTB files with eMule you are not only getting the files for yourself but also uploading back to network, helping others to get those files too.
Please tell me if it's OK or if you can suggest improvement. Thanks! :-)
phareast

Post by phareast »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:I added this to the project page:
You can also download some of the 6-men tablebases at olympuschess by Joshua Shriver and Tablewell by TapaniS. Please use those sites only if you are for some reason unable to run eMule (or aMule on Mac/Linux), because when you download the EGTB files with eMule you are not only getting the files for yourself but also uploading back to network, helping others to get those files too.
Please tell me if it's OK or if you can suggest improvement. Thanks! :-)
I use tablewell, olympuschess and emule to download 6-man EGTB. Emule is very efficient in downloading TBs with a lot of sources but for very rare TBs (1 or 2 source) it could take weeks or months to complete a set. This is where tablewell and olympuschess is well suited (ie. hosting rare TBs). So, I hope members with rare TBs will upload to tablewell via ftp_zone.

Many thanks to those who have already done so,
-phareast
TapaniS

Post by TapaniS »

It is very nice to add links to the main online site (sorry for the late reply). I have got all data from the main online page, thank you for collecting everything under one page!

TableWell has been doing quite well, but the operator is looking it more closely now. I hope they let it run even if the transfer rates would rise somewhat from the present. Hope to have new content in TableWell after summer holidays (perhaps some rare/new sets) and perhaps some more rotation speed also.

It is possible to run eMule together at the same time when downloading files from another sites. I have tested this with good results, but if it is not that wise, please correct my words.

Thanks to everybody for sharing,
TapaniS
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi phareast, TapaniS! After some thought I changed the description on the project page, as previously it was discouraging probably. Now it is more neutral. Thanks for your work with sharing EGTB files via HTTP. It is also very useful service.

My only concern was that someone who downloads via HTTP does not contribute anything back to network. It is unlikely he will take effort to share those files in eMule. But I decided to stop worrying about it. In the long run if the project meets the goal, we all win. :-)