Sha1sums

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

Sha1sums

Post by jshriver »

Would it be possible for the site to start hosting the sha1sums.. or I'd be willing to host them if someone with the complete set or any files really would generate and send them to me.

-Josh
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Data Assurance ...

Post by guyhaw »

There is a plan to provide Data Assurance Certificates (DACs) of subsets of the DTM EGTs, namely 3-5-man, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3p and 4-2p.
These DACs are created by the utility fsum and include the eDonkey-sum and the md5sum for each file, followed by a confirmation by datacomp that the file was ok when it created these.
The execution of the plan is rather held up because I haven't provided the final spec for creating these DACs [Univ marking season], though I think I have it already.
One can verify an EGT-holding with fsum against a DAC. In fact, RA tells me that this is what WILHELM does.
KK will put the DACs and sample Verification Certificates on his home page when ready.
g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Josh, it's ok to add SHA1 sums to the web-page. I already had this idea too. :-) I can produce SHA1 sums for all pawnless sets, and those with pawns listed in another thread. We'll need someone's help to produce the rest.

Guy, I am still not sure what "data assurance certificate" will give us that we don't already have. If someone will find file with unmatching MD5, or file which does not pass datacomp test, he will report that and we will then start to worry about it. So far we assume that all files are correct. We also assume that file releasers test their files with datacomp before posting the links.

Anyway, it's OK to add those DAC to the web-page, if it will make someone happier.
jshriver

Re: Data Assurance ...

Post by jshriver »

guyhaw wrote:There is a plan to provide Data Assurance Certificates (DACs) of subsets of the DTM EGTs, namely 3-5-man, 3-3, 4-2, 3-3p and 4-2p.
These DACs are created by the utility fsum and include the eDonkey-sum and the md5sum for each file, followed by a confirmation by datacomp that the file was ok when it created these.
The execution of the plan is rather held up because I haven't provided the final spec for creating these DACs [Univ marking season], though I think I have it already.
One can verify an EGT-holding with fsum against a DAC. In fact, RA tells me that this is what WILHELM does.
KK will put the DACs and sample Verification Certificates on his home page when ready.
g
Data verification is really important of course so I'm really interested in your approach. As you find out more I'd like to hear about it.

I'm not familiar with the fsum utility, is it available and if so what licensing and what OS?

-Josh
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

fsum ...

Post by guyhaw »

Sorry: I assumed you'd try search-query <fsum>
http://www.slavasoft.com/fsum/ ... also as flagged in the ICGA_J March issue.
I'm no expert but this seems to do all the needful in a Windows environment. No manual checking of long xxx-sums needed.
Also, Lofflman's JACKSUM util at http://www.jonelo.de/java/jacksum/ is platform-independent: haven't tried it.[/i]