What engines really support all 6-men bases?

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

What engines really support all 6-men bases?

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

I am curious, what engines have best support for the 6-men bases at the moment? If I understand it correctly, no any engine has support for the last 16 sets yet?

OK, I tried Fruit, Rybka, Shredder, Fritz, etc - they have support for 6-men files, but can they handle all currently available sets?

What is the "reference" EGTB implementation these days, still Crafty?

Is there any engine that can utilize all files we currently share?

Please share what you know. If there are any certain details I will put them to the index page. Thanks to everyone!
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Engines and EGTs

Post by guyhaw »

Afaik, the last formatting development on Nalimov's DTM EGTs was the splitting of an 'nbb' or 'nbw' file into several parts.

I believe the latest versions of such as CRAFTY, FRITZ, JUNIOR and SHREDDER handle these, but don't know about earlier versions. I too would welcome an authoritative table of which engines/versions handle which subsets of EN DTM EGTs.

More generally, there are other formats and metrics (DTZ particularly) and a more flexible EGT-manager is required between 'engine' and 'EGTs'. Only CHESSMASTER handles the FEG EGTs and only those. SHREDDER now has its WDL bitmaps or 'Shreddertables'.

Again afaik, I don't think there should be anything in the 'last 16 EGTs' that requires new interface code. The new feature is the 3Ps and 4Ps on the board, and that could lead to some complex 'e.p.' situations which I hope Eugene has handled correctly.

g
jshriver

Re: What engines really support all 6-men bases?

Post by jshriver »

Kirill Kryukov wrote: What is the "reference" EGTB implementation these days, still Crafty?
To the best of my knowledge crafty is still somewhat the standard. However it's blurry because there really hasn't been any major changes to the egtb code for a while now (not since 6men was added) and crafty was the first. Though by now many people have adapted the egtp.cpp code to work well with their engines.

My guess is if Nalimov ever works on a 7men Crafty will be the first to support it.
Just my oppinion though.

-Josh
Josue

Post by Josue »

Hi Kirill,

I am rewriting my engine, Matheus, and now it has a good support for 6-men.
If you are interested to test it just send me an email message. (josue@petrobras.com.br)

Josué.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Josue, thanks for information! I will wait for the public release of your engine! (Version with 6-piece EGTB support). I will then be happy to test it and add to the list on the web-page.