Who can share these files ?

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Sciolto
Sign-up code: 0

Who can share these files ?

Post by Sciolto »

I have been trying to download the following for weeks and weeks without succes. These files are (almost) not shared at the moment.

kbnpkp (almost the complete set isn't shared)
kqpkbb
krbkbp

krbpkn.4.nbb
krbpkn.5.nbb
krbpkn5.nbw

(these last three files were corrupt in my initial collection and have been in my downloadqueue with high priority since the beginning, 6 weeks ago, currently stuck at about 60%)

Thanks in advance if you can help out!

Sciolto
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Re: Who can share these files ?

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Sciolto wrote:kbnpkp (almost the complete set isn't shared)
I have complete KBNPKP. If some files are stuck in downloading for some reason, tell me which one and I'll put it on FTP.

Sorry, can't help with other sets.
Sciolto

Post by Sciolto »

I can see Kirr and Kirr-2 as known clients but I cannot see you sharing this set. The only peers I see in this set (I think three clients spread around) all have no needed parts, so this set looks stuck.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Sciolto wrote:I can see Kirr and Kirr-2 as known clients but I cannot see you sharing this set. The only peers I see in this set (I think three clients spread around) all have no needed parts, so this set looks stuck.
"Kirr" shares all 26 files of KBNPKP, for about few months now.

May be your should update server list? (for example here)
Sciolto

Post by Sciolto »

I have the auto server list refresh upon connection enabled by default.

You were not visible sharing these files earlier this morning, but now you are :-) I don't know why this is :-( Anyway, one of the files has started to download again. Thanks for all your efforts!

Sciolto
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Sciolto wrote:I have the auto server list refresh upon connection enabled by default.
Yeah, should be sufficient.
Sciolto wrote:You were not visible sharing these files earlier this morning, but now you are :-) I don't know why this is :-( Anyway, one of the files has started to download again. Thanks for all your efforts!

Sciolto
"Kirr" was down for half a day on that day because of network problems at this location. It was sharing that set continuously before and after that.

BTW, any news about the other 'rare' sets?

Thanks for sharing some rare files too! I just finished downloading KRNKNP which it seems only you and Dan had complete.
Sciolto

Post by Sciolto »

The rare files are arriving, but very very slowly :-)

I have 663 GB of EGTB now. Thanks to Renze I could more than double the files. 139 GB of the most common I don't share because I use them on a fast drive for use with chess engines. The rest (less common) I share almost 24/7. Every now and then I need to cap the upload bandwidth though, in order to do some other p2p.
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:
Sciolto wrote:I can see Kirr and Kirr-2 as known clients but I cannot see you sharing this set. The only peers I see in this set (I think three clients spread around) all have no needed parts, so this set looks stuck.
"Kirr" shares all 26 files of KBNPKP, for about few months now.

May be your should update server list? (for example here)
Hi

I am new to emule. I understand you to be saying that we can add to our list of servers that appear uder the server tab of emule.

Is that correct? I looked at my server list and did not see servers such as kirr or kirr 2. Do you recommend I go to the update list and add the additional servers. All or best would be you recommendation ?

thanks
Tom
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Tom! There are no servers "Kirr" and "Kirr-2" - they are clients, same like the one you are running on your machine. Servers are used to collect the information about shared files. eD2K network has about 100 servers, and about 3 mln. clients. So your list of servers is probably OK. You can also enable option to update server list every time another client connects to you.
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Hi Tom! There are no servers "Kirr" and "Kirr-2" - they are clients, same like the one you are running on your machine. Servers are used to collect the information about shared files. eD2K network has about 100 servers, and about 3 mln. clients. So your list of servers is probably OK. You can also enable option to update server list every time another client connects to you.
Hi

Ok thanks I can understand that.

I had thought the servers were files repositories themselves

I am beginning to see tablebases with no sources even when listed
on emule especially 3-3 bases with pawns

Are there other sources for these ?

Tom
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Tom! There should be at least one source for all shared files, many with three sources or more. Several things you can try: 1. Enable KAD if it is not already enabled. 2. Configure your firewall or router to accept/forward incoming connection to eMule ports. (it is in eMule help and tutorials posted somewhere here). 3. Download fresh server list from here. If nothing helps and you can't get some files, please post here what files are they. Good luck! :-)
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Hi Tom! There should be at least one source for all shared files, many with three sources or more. Several things you can try: 1. Enable KAD if it is not already enabled. 2. Configure your firewall or router to accept/forward incoming connection to eMule ports. (it is in eMule help and tutorials posted somewhere here). 3. Download fresh server list from here. If nothing helps and you can't get some files, please post here what files are they. Good luck! :-)
Hi

Serverlist updated this morning. kad is enabled (connected) I dont think there is a firewall problem as earlier I was downloading quite fast

problem getting

krbkrp.0 nbb
krbkrp.3 nbb
krbkrp.0 nbb
kqqkpp.0 nbb
kqqkpp.2 nbb
kqpkqp.2 nbw
knppkp all
kbppkp all

Tom
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Tom Logan wrote:
Kirill Kryukov wrote:Hi Tom! There should be at least one source for all shared files, many with three sources or more. Several things you can try: 1. Enable KAD if it is not already enabled. 2. Configure your firewall or router to accept/forward incoming connection to eMule ports. (it is in eMule help and tutorials posted somewhere here). 3. Download fresh server list from here. If nothing helps and you can't get some files, please post here what files are they. Good luck! :-)
Hi

Serverlist updated this morning. kad is enabled (connected) I dont think there is a firewall problem as earlier I was downloading quite fast - not that my downloads are now that slow but there does not seem to be parts availavble for certain bases

problem getting

krbkrp.0 nbb
krbkrp.3 nbb
krbkrp.0 nbb
kqqkpp.0 nbb
kqqkpp.2 nbb
kqpkqp.2 nbw
knppkp all
kbppkp all

Tom
Wulff
Sign-up code: 10159

Post by Wulff »

Hi Tom!

Some servers have restrictions on what they do/what they store, so my suggestion is:

Try the following:

1) go to the server list
2) right-click on the server named "Big Bang 1"
3) select "Add to static list"
4) go to Options
5) Select "Server"
6) Check "Autoconnect to servers in static list only"
7) Shut down Emule.
8) Start up emule, and connect.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Tom! eMule search tells me that:

KRBKRP: All files are shared by "Kirr-2" and at least 6 more peers
KQQKPP: All files are shared by "Kirr" and at least 3 more peers
KQPKQP: All files are shared by at least 10 peers
KNPPKP: All files are shared by "Kirr", "Kirr-2" and at least 1 more peer
KBPPKP: All files are shared by "Kirr" and at least 4 more peers

What exactly is the problem downloading those files? It it just that files are not downloading immediately? eMule can't download more than one files from a single peer at once, so if you are already downloading some other files, other files have to wait to be downloaded from the same peer.
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Hi Tom! eMule search tells me that:

KRBKRP: All files are shared by "Kirr-2" and at least 6 more peers
KQQKPP: All files are shared by "Kirr" and at least 3 more peers
KQPKQP: All files are shared by at least 10 peers
KNPPKP: All files are shared by "Kirr", "Kirr-2" and at least 1 more peer
KBPPKP: All files are shared by "Kirr" and at least 4 more peers

What exactly is the problem downloading those files? It it just that files are not downloading immediately? eMule can't download more than one files from a single peer at once, so if you are already downloading some other files, other files have to wait to be downloaded from the same peer.
The following show red either partly or wholly

krbkrp missing parts of 5 & 7 black all of 3

knppkp missing part 4 black and white

kbppkp missing 4b,4w, 3b,2w,1b,0w, 0b

see attached file for print screen of downloads

Tom

Tom
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Wulff wrote:Hi Tom!

Some servers have restrictions on what they do/what they store, so my suggestion is:

Try the following:

1) go to the server list
2) right-click on the server named "Big Bang 1"
3) select "Add to static list"
4) go to Options
5) Select "Server"
6) Check "Autoconnect to servers in static list only"
7) Shut down Emule.
8) Start up emule, and connect.
Hi

I did that but dont see a difference. Still see missing parts

Tom
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Tom Logan wrote:The following show red either partly or wholly

Tom
I have about 50 files shoing in red here (partially or wholly). It does not necessarily mean they are not available. It just means you are downloading some other files from people who share those files.

eMule can't download two files from the same peer at once. If you are downloading some file from Kirr, all other files shared by Kirr will appear red until you finish downloading the first one.

If you think some file is not available, do simple experiment: stop all downloads except that file, and wait a couple of hours. You will then see that the file is being downloaded, and that there are full sources available.
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:
Tom Logan wrote:The following show red either partly or wholly

Tom
I have about 50 files shoing in red here (partially or wholly). It does not necessarily mean they are not available. It just means you are downloading some other files from people who share those files.

eMule can't download two files from the same peer at once. If you are downloading some file from Kirr, all other files shared by Kirr will appear red until you finish downloading the first one.

If you think some file is not available, do simple experiment: stop all downloads except that file, and wait a couple of hours. You will then see that the file is being downloaded, and that there are full sources available.
ok how about if you display details and it states not available is th same true ?

oh thanks a lot for the education

Tom
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Tom Logan wrote:ok how about if you display details and it states not available is th same true ?

Tom
Same true. Welcome!
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:
Tom Logan wrote:ok how about if you display details and it states not available is th same true ?

Tom
Same true. Welcome!
ok thanks I am learning. I guess I got spoiled by all those early super quick downloads

Tom