emule/amule problems.

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

emule/amule problems.

Post by jshriver »

It seems the master list node is down. This kind of puts a crinkle in the whole root server concept since it seems you still have to have a master server or some kind of server serving the .met or server files.

Can anyone connect right now? Or can someone email me an old .met file that has a list of the servers like DonkeyServer 1 or whatever it was that was so popular?

Right now I can't host or get since I can't get a server list.

Appreciate the help beforehand.
-Josh
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Please take server.met from here.

As eD2K network is fully decentralized I don't fully understand your problem. As long as you can connect to any client or server - you should be able to get more servers and keep your server list up to date. It happens automatically in eMule here, I don't have to do anything. Does aMule depend on some "master" node of some kind?
Last edited by Kirill Kryukov on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
jshriver

amule/emule problems

Post by jshriver »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Please take server.met from here.

As eD2K network is fully dentralized I don't fully understand your problem. As long as you can connect to any client or server - you should be able to get more servers and keep your server list up to date. It happens automatically in eMule here, I don't have to do anything. Does aMule depend on some "master" node of some kind?
Hi and thanks for the info. I was a little confused because I thought emule/amule all required th same server for getting the serverlist. Didn't realise that there are/could be multiple sites where you can get the server.met file.

I was just shocked when I did a fresh install of amule only to find it had no server.met and that the server I've always been using was down. Anyway it's back up and running right now, but the server list I'm getting does seem smaller. I'll let it run maybe by tomorrow it'll "find" more and add it to the list.

I't really neat how emule works :)

-Josh
gambit3

Post by gambit3 »

a couple of tips.

re/connecting at different times of the day seems to result in a very diverse server list.

in options/server, you can set the number of times that a server is tried before being considered dead and removed from your server.met. this is for me set at 5, so that if a server doesn't respond it isn't immediately discarded. from what i have seen, a number of 2 or 3 should suffice to keep your server list always around 150-250. also make sure that auto update your list is activated, it is by default, but may have been clobbered by your new installation.

hope this also helps.
those who can, do
those who can't, teach