File list I'm seeding.

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

File list I'm seeding.

Post by jshriver »

Greetings everyone.

I'm seeding everything I have 24/7 here is my current list. Hope it helps.

kbbkbb.nbw.emd kbpkbp.0.nbw.emd knpknp.1.nbw.emd kpppkp.nbb.emd
kbbkbn.nbw.emd kbpkbp.3.nbw.emd knpknp.6.nbw.emd kpppkp.nbw.emd
kbbkbp.3.nbw.emd kbpkbp.6.nbw.emd knppkp.2.nbw.emd kqrkrp.0.nbb.emd
kbbknn.nbb.emd kbpknn.1.nbw.emd kpppkb.nbb.emd krpkrp.1.nbw.emd
kbbknn.nbw.emd knnknn.nbw.emd kpppkb.nbw.emd krrknn.nbb.emd
kbbknp.5.nbw.emd knnknp.7.nbw.emd kpppkn.nbb.emd krrknn.nbw.emd
kbnknn.nbw.emd knnnkr.nbb.emd kpppkn.nbw.emd

-Josh
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Seeding ... sharing?

Post by guyhaw »

If by 'seeding' you mean 'sharing' which I think you do ... is there any need to tell us this. Doesn't the system just download from what sources it can see?

g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Yes, he means sharing on eMule, I guess. Anyway, every little bit helps, and every little bit is useful.. Still we have too few people, and too many gigabytes to keep online, so all contribution is very much welcome.. And yes, telling it here does not help in file exchange, but it just keeps us in touch which is also good. :-)
gambit3

Post by gambit3 »

the whole sharing 24/7 is better already than i personally can do at this point. kudos on that one. small list you have, but it will expand quickly if left permanent online.
those who can, do
those who can't, teach
jshriver

Re: Seeding ... sharing?

Post by jshriver »

guyhaw wrote:If by 'seeding' you mean 'sharing' which I think you do ... is there any need to tell us this. Doesn't the system just download from what sources it can see?

g
Aye, where the files come from is irrelevant. Mostly wanted to let people know that there is at least some stable seed or sharer for these files since I leave it up all the time.

-Josh
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

gambit3 wrote:the whole sharing 24/7 is better already than i personally can do at this point. kudos on that one. small list you have, but it will expand quickly if left permanent online.
Aye, I think the software has a big part of it too... it took me almost 2 motnhs to get that 8gigs worth of tb's. However I just updated to a newer version of amule (linux emule client) which has kad support and I'm getting 15-20 connections at a time with speeds 10x what I was getting previously.

At this rate I'll have to pull one of my hard drives and put in this system lol

-Josh
guyhaw

Shareability ...

Post by guyhaw »

OK, thanks for yr explanation and contribution.

What your note rather points up is that there is no eMule system for indicating:

- the typical availability of each of a set of files
this knowledge might rather dictate download priorities
plainly, KK canot be cycling round finding out how many X sources exist

- the potential shareability of files which have been taken 'to the back'
i.e., files which were and could be shareable but currently are not

g
jshriver

Re: Shareability ...

Post by jshriver »

guyhaw wrote:OK, thanks for yr explanation and contribution.

What your note rather points up is that there is no eMule system for indicating:

- the typical availability of each of a set of files
this knowledge might rather dictate download priorities
plainly, KK canot be cycling round finding out how many X sources exist

- the potential shareability of files which have been taken 'to the back'
i.e., files which were and could be shareable but currently are not

g
Hrm not sure if I understand what you mean. At least on amule, the files I have queued up will show something along the lines of x+y. Not entirely sure what x and y are, but I'm guessing x is the number of people seeding/sharing the file and y is the number of people either seeking it or have partial shares. So you can see if the file is at least out there somewhere. However from my experience.. even if a file has someone sharing it you still may not get it. Right now I probably have 30-40 files that show 1+something that aren't transmitting. Guess that means their bw is tied up or I'm in some kind of queue for later use.

I dont have the emule client since I dont use Windows, but I believe amule works the same way.

I guess it was pointless to some extent posting what files I'm sharing. Just thought if someone else is looking for those files at least they know they're out there with an active seeder/sharer. So they can queue it up so when my bw frees up they can grab it. Again it might be rather pointless since emule/amule does it for you. It was mostly meant for peace of mine for users.

Sorry.
-Josh
guyhaw

Two sets of management statistics

Post by guyhaw »

I'll put my proposals for p2p facilities another way:

1) I imagine that Kirill has compiled his statistics about the availability (sharedness) of the EGTs manually - showing whether an EGT can be found with 0, 1, 3 or 10 sources.

Clearly, if one could specify a set of files one was interested in and call on an 'agent' to automatically search-out the plurality of sources, this woudl be better. As KK says, he would then prioritise the rarer EGTs first.

2) Secondly, I imagine that the EGTs downloaded are not all being retained in the shareable space but having to be backup up to tertiary storage. The p2p idea could be extended to allow people to signal what EGTs are in their teritary storage, available to be brought back to shareable storage, if there was demand.

The same system would also track 'demand', and somehow the requirements for not-quite-shareable files and the promotion of those files by their sources could be brought together. There are already incentive systems built into p2p: the more you share, the higher your priority etc.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer - g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Josh, you are doing good job with sharing those files, including sharing via HTTP. Thanks for all contribution so far! One suggestion though: No one thinks about individual files, we normally operate in whole sets. It will be better if you just list complete sets that you have and share. For example I see that you have KPPPKP, so you can just list it like this, which means you have all files in it. I see that you don't have the whole KBBKNP, so perhaps no need to mention it at all.. There are too many files in 6-men egtb, and it's already hard as it is. It is more easy to operate with just complete sets. :-)
guyhaw wrote:1) I imagine that Kirill has compiled his statistics about the availability (sharedness) of the EGTs manually - showing whether an EGT can be found with 0, 1, 3 or 10 sources.
Yes, all availability information is gathered manually. I simply run eMule search (Global servers) sometimes, when I have time, and see how many sources there are. It means that it can't be 100% correct, often there are more or less sources than stated on the web-page. Anyway, it gives some idea about what sets are spread already.
guyhaw wrote:Clearly, if one could specify a set of files one was interested in and call on an 'agent' to automatically search-out the plurality of sources, this woudl be better. As KK says, he would then prioritise the rarer EGTs first.
I already have all common ones, so all remaining sets are rare. :-) Anyway, if anyone will automate this task it will be a great help for this project, and it will save lot of my time.
guyhaw wrote:2) Secondly, I imagine that the EGTs downloaded are not all being retained in the shareable space but having to be backup up to tertiary storage. The p2p idea could be extended to allow people to signal what EGTs are in their teritary storage, available to be brought back to shareable storage, if there was demand.
HM.... sounds good but I have no time to work on implementing it. Probably someone handy with PHP/SQL could write it in a day.. Alternatively: we can set up a wiki site, where we list all sets. Everyone will come and put his name near the sets that he has. How about it? :-)
guyhaw wrote:The same system would also track 'demand', and somehow the requirements for not-quite-shareable files and the promotion of those files by their sources could be brought together. There are already incentive systems built into p2p: the more you share, the higher your priority etc.
I remember Vincent was complaining that eMule owns his machine, and he suggested to write a fresh new p2p app, just for tablebase exchange. It would have integrated check for correctness, and track the online / offline files, and many more things. Great idea, the only tiny problem - someone has to write the program.

If we need simple and practical solution fast, then I'd say simply set up a wiki page where we all state what we have, even offline. Then we will know whom to bug for missing sets, etc.. :-)
gambit3

Post by gambit3 »

my aim is quite clear at this point: i don't want to completely fill my raid with tables at the moment, so i will limit to 5 + 6pawnless. these will be online at all times gambit is online, once acquired. that generally translates at the moment to ~4 hour stretches beginning ~9am monday, thursday, saturday, sunday (gmt+2). at this time 5 is complete, and 3v3 is also almost complete. 4v2 is about 15% along. these are emule stats. all are normal priority. upload is 76k/s max.

times are minimum expected: there can be more available.
those who can, do
those who can't, teach