Linux users amule update recommended.

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

Linux users amule update recommended.

Post by jshriver »

Greetings,

I just updated amule from version 2.0 to 2.1 and it looks like there's some nice new features. The biggest one is Kad network support. I wasn't sure what that was or how it related but hoping that'll help a good bit since this project uses both e2donkey and Kad networks.

Hope this helps :)

-Josh
jshriver

It's worth the update.

Post by jshriver »

In the past I was getting 1-2 files at a time. Since updating to the lates amule wtih Kad support I'm happy to see I'm getting over 15-20 files at a time! And the connection is more stable.. went from 1-2k each to 10-30 k on each stream :)

-Josh
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Josh, good news indeed. I don't use aMule but it's good to know that Linux/Mac users are not left behind. Unfortunately eMule Plus team is stubborn and does not want to add KAD. Too bad. Anyway, the original eMule is also fine.

Also, KAD is really essential for this project, because the files are very rare. In normal situation, when there are tens or hundreds of complete sources, you can rely on just eD2K servers - you find some sources and the rest is found by source exchange. But for EGTB sharing we still have too few people, and too many files. Without KAD sometimes you may never find sources for rare files, especially if that is the only source and no one else downloads that file.