Sharing uncompleted files

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
TapaniS
Sign-up code: 0

Sharing uncompleted files

Post by TapaniS »

Hi everybody,

Just installed eMule and tested it. Is it possible to share ONLY completed, checked files?

Now eMule starts to share immediately after getting first 10 Mb of any file. I would like to check (md5sum) first and share only if everything is OK.

Any help or ideas?

Regards,
TapaniS
gambit3

Post by gambit3 »

short answer is no.
long answer is if you put the entire directory on (very) low priority and the completed files on high priority (not auto), the effect is similar. this can be done in the shared files screen by right clicking on the relative directories and selecting appropriate priority from the priority(upload) popup list in the right click menu.
those who can, do
those who can't, teach
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Yes, you can make similar effect like gambit3 sais. But generally it's better to share everything, including the incomplete files. Some files have just one or two sources, for such files every incomplete source is also a good help in spreading them. eMule has built-in consistency check for all incoming files, and also everyone is advised to check all new files with Wilhelm or MD5 anyway.
TapaniS

Post by TapaniS »

All right, thank you for quick answers.

I'll check the files as soon as those are completed.

Regards,
TapaniS

PS. I have ab. 60 Gb, but quite a slow connection.