Ynode Version 0131 is RELEASED

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
OOZTURK
Sign-up code: 10159

Ynode Version 0131 is RELEASED

Post by OOZTURK »

Dear Experts,

After participating in "103rd Amateur Series Division 8", it just turn out to be a big motivation for me to release another version.

Basicly this version (Ynode 0131) includes

- Fixed memory management problems. (Already reported by Gabor)
- Changed contempt factor logic entirely to minimize draw rates. (It was having draws even against weaker opponents.)
- The number of distribution files is decreased. (Now only 2)

The new version can be reached out here:

https://github.com/OrhanOzturk77/Ynode/ ... __0131.zip

The version requires .NET7 framework which can be downloaded from link below if needed.

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/down ... -installer

Your testing is appreaciated whenever you are available

All the best.
Gabor Szots

Re: Ynode Version 0131 is RELEASED

Post by Gabor Szots »

Good job, Orhan.

Two questions:

1. Why has the size grown to almost 10 times bigger than before?
2. In Assets you include files called 'source code', but in fact they contain no source code.
OOZTURK

Post by OOZTURK »

Hi Gabor,

1 - The previous version was being shipped with 6-7 different files. DLLs, configuration files, projects files etc.
The latest framework, .NET7, it is giving the option to generate only one EXE file instead of shipping several files where makes the size bigger. (Maybe previous version NET Core 3 was working in the same way, but i noticed it in .NET7 lately)

Another addition is native DLLs. I also embedded them to ship only one file.

Plus the NNUE library is embedded into program.

2 - The way (at least it is the only way i know, I am not an expert on GitHub) GitHub is publishing projects by using name “Source Code”. It is not my preference. It is default by GitHub.

Normally, this should have been managed by GitHub releases, but unfortunately i could not do it, when i try to do it, it is publishing both versions, 0130 and 0131 which i dont want.
This was the quick solution for me.

Regarding the memory problem in previous version :
Assume that the hash size is 256 MB. My hash row is 8 bytes in length. That basicly means i can have (256MB x 1024 x 1024) / 8 entries in hash table.

But when i allocate it, it is allocating 3x more memory. Strange but it is the way .NET behaving.
I could not find a proper solution for it. I simply allocated “entries/3” items. Also the strange part is this way program is doing better.

All the best.
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

:thumbup: