Add me to the list of people downloading/sharing

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
clocks
Sign-up code: 0

Add me to the list of people downloading/sharing

Post by clocks »

Hi Everyone!

Just got here, I have a 200GB + 300GB hard drive I'm working with, plus just ordered 3 250GB's. Managed to get them for $143 shipped off of eBay - ROCK ON! :)

I'm actually on a laptop now, got tired of the desktop, so going to be using USB 2.0 enclosures for this. Total storage 1350GB including the 100GB in the laptop, but only using maybe 25GB on this drive for storage of the TB's, mostly for the 3,4,5 piece.

Connection is 15MB/1.5MB, just got upgraded by my ISP today - THRILLED with this FREE upgrade! I was 6M/512k before. I'm getting at best around 1850k/sec down and 185k/sec up on combined connections.

Only uploaded to one person so for just 28MB on emule, at 40K/sec. I prefer leaving this up than azureus with illegal movies, this is all legit LOL.

Anyway, hopefully get my complete copy of all the 6-man tablebases here and should offer a pretty decent upload rate. Some help, figure I can reupload another complete set every 2 1/2 months at this rate.

Sharing the 3,4,5 man, and some partial 6-MAN. Using the DonkeyServer No. 2. On there with USER ID clocks.

See you on the 'mule :)

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Derek! Welcome to the club! :-) I am curious how long it will take for you to get the full set. It took me about 11 months, but of course it was very slow in the beginning, and not all files were available.
clocks

Post by clocks »

Not really sure, I can't add all the files into my download list until I get the USB drives up and running. Probably within the next week for sure, everything is on its way.

Averaging maybe 35k/sec down for the moment. I notice as I get more and more I am uploading a bit to others.

The olympuschess website is actually getting me 1.8MB/sec down, so adding those into my shares. As soon as I did, 2 people picked up, uploading at 130k/sec combined. I just capped it at 150k/sec though, I still need to be able to use my phone which is voice over IP.

I'm thinking maybe get them pretty quick, it sounds like they are shared reasonably well. Plus I can supplement my set with quite a few GB from these websites too - it helps!

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Very happy to see just the files I have shared now, even if partial I am uploading a consistant 150-160k/sec. My phone still works fine with this upload level. I'll get all of the files added into my download list as soon as I get the other hard drives all up and running. Aiming for by next wednesday.

Does eMule automatically set priorities higher to files with less sources? Or this is something that should be done manually as I complete files that are more rare?

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

clocks wrote:Does eMule automatically set priorities higher to files with less sources? Or this is something that should be done manually as I complete files that are more rare?
Yes, eMule sets both upload and download priorities automatically. depending on number of sources. But in this case (EGTB downloading and sharing) it does not work very great, because there are too many filles. eMule simply can't get enough information about the files fast enough to have meaningful priorities. Also there are too few sources. So what I did was setting download priorities manually, based on my own perception about how well the sets are shared. For upload priorities - I simply set flat "Normal" for all files. :-)
clocks

Post by clocks »

10GB TB data uploaded. Not too bad, can't wait until its a few sets worth :)

Derek