cryptkey.dat, preferences.dat ...

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Pachnes
Sign-up code: 0

cryptkey.dat, preferences.dat ...

Post by Pachnes »

Please translate this for user alb (alb2) to italian, as he tries such a configuration and gets banned always, he starts his second eMule.

cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat together identify you at the emule network. So if you start, to use a second emule (maybe at a second pc) simultaneously with your first installation, you may copy the directory "emule" to the second directory of your eMule (at the other pc). But you must delete the files cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat, before you start the second eMule for the first time. (You need other ports for TCP/IP and UDP for the second eMule too).

Otherwise your second eMule will get banned, as your first eMule is known to the network with its unique userhash, and the second eMule will get banned because of a fraud userhash. ->

03.11.2006 22:47:57: Banned: Userhash invalid; 87.1.xxx.xx 'alb2 [kad2] «Xtreme 5.3.1»' (eMule v0.47c [Xtreme 5.3.1],None/None/None)
04.11.2006 06:26:43: Banned: Userhash invalid; 87.1.xxx.xx 'alb2 [5LJp] «Xtreme 5.3.1»' (eMule v0.47c [Xtreme 5.3.1],None/None/None)
04.11.2006 12:06:19: Banned: Userhash invalid; xxxxxxx@193.138.221.214 (87.1.xxx.xx 'alb [K[M'] «Xtreme 5.3.1»' (eMule v0.47c [Xtreme 5.3.1],None/None/None)

The third ban must result, because both eMules where stopped and then the second (new) instance was started first :-) So the first instance of eMule gets banned.
Regards,

Thomas
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Thomas, please suggest him to simply not run 2 emules at a time. Something like "Use only 1 eMule, not 2!" should be understandable? Also you can use Babel Fish automatic translator. I myself don't speak Italian, sorry.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Thomas, I had to remove your message in "CCRL Public", because it did not belong there. Message here is enough. I doubt there are many more Italian people visiting there compared to here. :-) Also I understand that you are trying to help Alb like you are helping many other members, including myself. I appreiate that.
guido

Post by guido »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:Thomas, I had to remove your message in "CCRL Public", because it did not belong there. Message here is enough. I doubt there are many more Italian people visiting there compared to here. :-) Also I understand that you are trying to help Alb like you are helping many other members, including myself. I appreiate that.
I can help Thomas to translate into Italian but not all off what he wrote in English is completely clear to me, as I have no experience in the use of eMule.
If you prefer not to continue here the thread, Thomas can write to me privately.

ciao
Guido
Nulla dies sine linea
Pachnes

Translation from Babelfish:

Post by Pachnes »

Cari Signore Guido! Ho trasmesso questo al alb. È questa traduzione da Babelfish utile?

cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat li identificano insieme alla rete del emule. Così se cominciate, usare simultaneamente un secondo emule (forse ad un secondo pc) con la vostra prima installazione, potete copiare l'indice "emule" al secondo indice del vostro secondo eMule (all'altro pc). Ma dovete cancellare le lime cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat, prima che iniziate per la prima volta il secondo eMule. (avete bisogno di altri orificii per TCP/IP ed il UDP per il secondo eMule ugualmente). Altrimenti il vostro secondo eMule otterrà vietato, come il vostro primo eMule è conosciuto alla rete con il relativo userhash unico ed il secondo eMule otterrà vietato a causa di un userhash di frode.
Regards,

Thomas
guido

Re: Translation from Babelfish:

Post by guido »

Pachnes wrote:Cari Signore Guido! Ho trasmesso questo al alb. È questa traduzione da Babelfish utile?

cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat li identificano insieme alla rete del emule. Così se cominciate, usare simultaneamente un secondo emule (forse ad un secondo pc) con la vostra prima installazione, potete copiare l'indice "emule" al secondo indice del vostro secondo eMule (all'altro pc). Ma dovete cancellare le lime cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat, prima che iniziate per la prima volta il secondo eMule. (avete bisogno di altri orificii per TCP/IP ed il UDP per il secondo eMule ugualmente). Altrimenti il vostro secondo eMule otterrà vietato, come il vostro primo eMule è conosciuto alla rete con il relativo userhash unico ed il secondo eMule otterrà vietato a causa di un userhash di frode.
Understanding the Babelfish translation is more difficult than translating! But in any case is very exhilarating!
If he doesn't know anything of English, I doubt that he understands the "translation".

So I try to explain to you with other words what I have understood and then I do the translation into Italian following the original message more literally:

If you want to have two connections with the eMule network, you must have two different TCP/IP and UDP
ports (what is UDP?) and you cannot use the same files cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat of the first eMule
because they contains a userhash associated with the TCP/IP and UDP port of the first connection. So to start the second connection you have to copy the directory eMule of the first installation on the second one with the exclusion of the two files cryptkey.dat and preferences.dat (I have to suppose that these files with the userhash
inside are sent to the user by eMule network in the first connection). Differently the eMule network will ban you from accessing eMule network supposing a possible fraud.

My only doubt is related to the exact meaning of "port TCP/IP and UDP".

Here the more or less literal translation of the message in Italian:

I due file cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat insieme vi identificano all'interno della rete eMule in quanto contengono una userhash associata alla vostra porta TCP/IP e UDP.
Di conseguenza se avete intenzione di utilizzare un secondo eMule contemporaneamente con la vostra prima installazione (eventualmente su un secondo pc), potete copiare l'intera directory "emule" della prima installazione sulla seconda. Ma su questa seconda installazione, prima di collegarvi per la prima volta con la rete eMule, dovete
cancellare i due files cryptkey.dat e preferences.dat. (Per disporre di una seconda installazione di eMule voi avete comunque bisogno di una seconda porta TCP/IP e UDP differente da quella della prima installazione).
Diversamente il vostro secondo collegamento ad eMule verrà impedito in quanto esso viene riconosciuto dalla rete di eMule attraverso la userhash associata alla porta e quindi tale collegamento verrebbe visto come un possibile accesso fraudolento.

Ciao
Guido
Nulla dies sine linea
Pachnes

Re: Translation from Babelfish:

Post by Pachnes »

Mille grazie :-)
Regards,

Thomas
Alberto Gueci

Post by Alberto Gueci »

Hi,
sorry but i was very busy and I didn't read this post.
A late and big thanks to Thomas and Guido for the help, now Alb2 works :D

ciao

Alberto