New UCI-Engine: Koedem

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
Koedem
Sign-up code: 10159

New UCI-Engine: Koedem

Post by Koedem »

So I wrote my own UCI engine, Koedem. I not only wrote it from scratch but also tried to figure out the concepts by myself so obviously my engine isn't very strong, yet I would appreciate if it got tested. ;)
In Blitz it's roughly as strong as I am, that is ~2100 FIDE, not sure how strong that would be in the CCRL list. (but a small test vs the Tarrasch Toy Engine at very fast time controls seems to indicate that it's about at that level, so ~1500 in the 40/4)

What is the standard procedure here? Do I just put up a binary or give the code to a trusted person who then compiles it?
Graham Banks
Sign-up code: 0

Re: New UCI-Engine: Koedem

Post by Graham Banks »

What is the standard procedure here? Do I just put up a binary or give the code to a trusted person who then compiles it?
Either is okay. Up to you.
We don't compile, just use the provided exe engine file.
Koedem

Post by Koedem »

In that case, here it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/23svm6cp7u503 ... 0.jar?dl=0
A few notes:
The engine is written in Java so the tester will need to have Java installed. (in theory Java 8 however since I don't use any new language features an older version should probably do)
Not all GUIs seem to support Java engines, however e.g. Arena does and I never had any problems there.
The engine uses quite a bit of RAM, that's not transposition tables or anything, but a problem with the Java garbage collector which does not quite do what it should. I hope that's not a problem for the testing. (the "critical" part for that memory problem is something I wanted to completely rewrite anyway so future versions hopefully won't have that problem anymore)
I write all input/output of the engine into a logfile for debug purposes. So you might want to put the engine in an own folder to not fill your engine directory with these logfiles. Also, in case something breaks, please send me those logfiles. ;)

Thanks in advance for testing, I am eagerly awaiting how the engine will do. :)
Sergio Martinez

Post by Sergio Martinez »

Hello

Two questions:

Whats is your full name?

Where are you from?

I'm asking you for engine information

Thanks
Koedem