How can we ensure, that you can download from me? (Update)

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Pachnes
Sign-up code: 0

How can we ensure, that you can download from me? (Update)

Post by Pachnes »

Hi!

As you know, I have finished downloading. So my eMule does not search active for sources (for your emule !) anymore. When an eMule does download, it does ask round robin all known servers for sources and will be known by and by to all servers this way. My shared files now are only known to the server, I am connected to.

KAD does not help. KAD does index the shared files and does publish them. The issue is, that KAD does start every 5 hours a new indexing cycle from scratch and so will never finish indexing all my files. Therefore only part of my files (about 700 out of 2512) are avaiable by KAD for you.

The IP of my PC does change every 24 hours, because my ISP does disconnect me every 24 hours. I do an automatically reconnect, but the IP has changed.

So we must introduce a solution, that ensures, that your eMule can find my shared files:

We need to connect all to the same server. As my files are known to it, your eMule will find my eMule and therefore will find the files.

To do this, I will give you the following recipe (Your eMule must be restarted twice at configuration now):

Go to "Options", "Server."
Check "Auto-Update server list at startup".
Klick on "List".
Your editor now does open the file "addresses.dat". The only text line in it may be:

http://www.gruk.org/server.met

If the file is empty, write this text.

Save the file and close the editor.

Now uncheck "Update server list when connecting to a server".
Now uncheck "Update server list when connecting to a client".
Check "Use smart LowID check on connect".
Check "Save connect".
Check "Autoconnect to servers in static list only".

Now leave "Options" with "ok".

Now go again to "Options", than go to "Connection".

Check "Autoconnect on startup".
Check "Reconnect on loss".

Check "ed2k".

Check "KAD". If you have a "Low ID" than please uncheck KAD. KAD does only work with "High ID". If you do not know, whether you have a "Low ID" or a "High ID" than look it up in the window "Servers". You will find it on the right column.

If you have a Low ID, there maybe something is wrong with the configuration of your router or with the configuration of your firewall. Try to find a solution here ->

http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=88689

But there are some cases you simply must live with a Low ID: If you go to the internet through a router of an organisation, it would be only possible for the network administrator of the organisation to open those needed ports for you.

Now leave "Options" with "ok".

In the main window of your eMule click on "Servers", and set all servers, which have "Yes" in the attribut "Static" to "No". You make this by right klick on the server and choose "Remove from static list". When you are finished with all static servers, than mark all servers with your mouse. Right click on the marked lines and klick on "Remove all" and confirm the question with "yes".

Then stop straight away your eMule, wait a few seconds and start it again.
First your eMule will download the new server list from gruk.org.

It then can not connect to a server, because we had checked "Autoconnect to servers in static list only".

Now we will make three servers to static servers (If you choose other servers, it will not work):

Right click on BiG Bang 9, IP 80.239.200.108:3000.
Choose "Add to static list".
Right click again on BiG Bang 9, IP 80.239.200.108:3000.
Choose "Priority" and than choose "High".

For fallback, we configure another two servers.

Right click on BiG Bang 4, IP 80.239.200.103:3000.
Right click again on BiG Bang 4, IP 80.239.200.103:3000.Choose "Priority" and than choose "Normal".

Right click on DonkeyServer No2, IP 62.241.53.16:4242.
Right click again on DonkeyServer No2, IP 62.241.53.16:4242.
Choose "Priority" and than choose "Low".

Stop your eMule now and restart it after a few seconds.

Now, we are all connected to the same server.
Last edited by Pachnes on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wulff
Sign-up code: 10159

Post by Wulff »

Hi Thomas!

A very good idea, I have configured my EMule to the same settings here.

:P
Pachnes

There is further option to check for clients with Xtreme:

Post by Pachnes »

Hi Dan!

There is further option to check for clients with Xtreme:

In "Options", "Server" check "Don`t remove static server".

Standard eMule does remove static servers from the server list, when eMule can not connect to them for given number of attempts. That is an issue, but it is solved after a restart of eMule. The server list will be renewed (static servers are not overwritten).

Users of Standard eMule have to make again static those servers which were removed and have to set the priority. Than they can manually connect to DonkeyServer No2 by double klicking on it in Server list.
Regards,

Thomas
Wulff
Sign-up code: 10159

Post by Wulff »

Hi!

Maybe it would be a good idea if Kirill took those instructions and put them on the index page, to help new downloaders to a good start ??

8)
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Posted on the project page. Good work, Thomas! :)
Pachnes

Hi, I remind you of my first posting in this thread.

Post by Pachnes »

I currently have only 19 clients in my list of "known clients". You should all follow my hint and connect to Big Bang 9.
Regards,

Thomas
dorucalinciobanu

Re: How can we ensure, that you can download from me? (Update)

Post by dorucalinciobanu »

Since a month, all the 3 servers: BiG Bang 9, BiG Bang 4 and DonkeyServer No2 are dead!
How can we now ensure that we can download from You?
Best wishes,

Dipl.-Eng. Doru-Calin Ciobanu
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Many important servers are down, but eMule seems still working using KAD, so the project is alive and well I'd say. I still don't see alternatives to eMule for massive file sharing like we do here.
JT-CHESS

Post by JT-CHESS »

Yes I am using KAD aswell and I can say the downloading is now the fatest it's ever been.
ZeroOne

Post by ZeroOne »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:I still don't see alternatives to eMule for massive file sharing like we do here.
What about BitTorrent? I was personally frustrated when I had to download yet-another-p2p-client to download the tablebases. BitTorrent has a large user base and works in a similar way to eMule in that you share even the partially finished files, too, unlike in, say, Direct Connect.
Communication usually fails, except by accident.
sixbases

Post by sixbases »

Pachnes wrote: ...

KAD does not help. KAD does index the shared files and does publish them. The issue is, that KAD does start every 5 hours a new indexing cycle from scratch and so will never finish indexing all my files. Therefore only part of my files (about 700 out of 2512) are avaiable by KAD for you.

So we must introduce a solution, that ensures, that your eMule can find my shared files:

We need to connect all to the same server. As my files are known to it, your eMule will find my eMule and therefore will find the files.

[Goes on to explain how to connect to the same servers]
Since none of the servers you mention seem to be active now, where should we be connecting?

I've been using "eDonkeyServer No2", which I don't think is the same as: "DonkeyServer No2"

Looking at the connections I have, I see only 2 of 21 using "eDonkeyServer No2". It's unclear to me if this is a problem or not-- my d/l rates have been as high as 119kB/s, but average about 50kB/s, mostly from Tuhma. After the 1st week, my uploads have been mostly maxed (71kB/s).