Max DTC/DTZ positions

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Zvi Mendlowitz
Sign-up code: 0

Max DTC/DTZ positions

Post by Zvi Mendlowitz »

Hi,

Where can I find a list of 4- and 5-piece positions with maximal DTC, and the same for maximal DTZ? The list must show for each possible 4- and 5-piece combination (for example KRKB, KBBKN, KQPKQ, ...) not only the maximal DTC and/or DTZ, but also a specific position. For example, for KBBKN the list should give a position where capturing the knight actually takes 66 moves.
What I need most are the following:
KBBKN, KQRKQ, KQKBB - positions for maximal DTC (or DTZ - there is no difference);
KNNKP, KQPKQ, KRPKB, KQKRP - positions for maximal DTZ.

Thanks.
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

maxDTC and maxDTZ positions

Post by guyhaw »

Please find attached the package of information I got from Christoph Wirth in about 1999. Note that Christoph's depths are in plies.
I think there was an issue with Christoph's depths in that he assumed that the loser is never forced to capture, so the depths are '1 ply out' in these situations.
DTZ == DTZ for P-less endgames. For P-ful endgames, DTZ EGTs have been calculated for 3-5-man endgames, and the statistics are available at http://www.icga.org ... Game-specific infor ... W Chess ... Endgames.
The maxDTZ sets of positions have not yet been computed for P-ful endgames.
g
Attachments
chw_0905.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
Zvi Mendlowitz
Sign-up code: 0

Thanks

Post by Zvi Mendlowitz »

Thank you very much :D