Emule config help

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Tom Logan
Sign-up code: 0

Emule config help

Post by Tom Logan »

My router netgear has for port fowarding requires a start and ending port number also an ip address (mine ?)

How should this be setup ?

Thanks

Tom
TapaniS

Post by TapaniS »

Hello Tom,

Check out:
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

There is info for quite many different Netgear routers also.

Regards,
TapaniS
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

TapaniS wrote:Hello Tom,

Check out:

Regards,
TapaniS
Ok thanks. I see how to add ports correctly now but I have a question about static ip. I have it set to a value I believe is for my router my tcpip for my lan adapter is set to dhcp as per ISP

I can test ports 46662 and 4672 ok

Do I really need to set a static ip to match that in port fowarding

Thanks

Tom
kp1089

Post by kp1089 »

Tom Logan wrote:

Check out:

Regards,
TapaniS
Ok thanks. I see how to add ports correctly now but I have a question about static ip. I have it set to a value I believe is for my router my tcpip for my lan adapter is set to dhcp as per ISP

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom--

The static IP recommended is for your computer, and not the netgear router. That should be left at DHCP if that is what your ISP told you to do. The computer can be left at DHCP if it is the only computer to use the router, since it will always have the 192.168.0.2 address. If there are others on your home network, then you should assign your computer a static IP of 192.168.0.150 or some other number well above whatever amount of computers you have, and set the netgear to port forward to that address. This will ensure that your emule computer is the computer forwarded to all the time, even if it is power cycled, since the IP will not change based on when it is rebooted compared to the other systems.

hope this helps,
kp
How small, of all that human hearts endure, that part that laws and kings can cause or cure. -- Samuel Johnson.
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

kp1089 wrote:
Tom Logan wrote:

Check out:

Regards,
TapaniS

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom--

The static IP recommended is for your computer, and not the netgear router. That should be left at DHCP if that is what your ISP told you to do. The computer can be left at DHCP if it is the only computer to use the router, since it will always have the 192.168.0.2 address. If there are others on your home network, then you should assign your computer a static IP of 192.168.0.150 or some other number well above whatever amount of computers you have, and set the netgear to port forward to that address. This will ensure that your emule computer is the computer forwarded to all the time, even if it is power cycled, since the IP will not change based on when it is rebooted compared to the other systems.

hope this helps,
kp
Hi Yes I understood the dhcp was recommended for the computer. But thank you for clearly explaining port fowarding ip addess It makes sense now. Thanks much

Tom
Tom Logan

Post by Tom Logan »

kp1089 wrote:
Tom Logan wrote:

Check out:

Regards,
TapaniS

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom--

hope this helps,
kp
Hi Yes I understood the dhcp was recommended for the computer. But thank you for clearly explaining port fowarding ip addess It makes sense now. Thanks much

Tom