Complete 6 men TB's on disk

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Shaun
Sign-up code: 10159

Complete 6 men TB's on disk

Post by Shaun »

Following an eventful time getting TB's to the US from the UK - I have an offer going forward.

Sending internal / external hard drives to me for me to copy to and return adds too much risk / delay / effort IMHO.

So...

If you are interested in the complete 6 men TB's on a HD pm me, they are approximately 1.2TB!!!

I will buy the HD of your choice - copy and verify the TB's and mail to you, UK will be easy and cheap / Europe not too bad / US started getting dearer (pm kb2ct first, sorry ken).

I will not be making a profit on this and therfore do not expect imediate turn round.

I will typically get back to pm's in a few days
I will then let you know the total cost and if you are happy I will order the HD
This will typically take 2-7 working days depending on supplier
Copy / verifty TBs (a couple of days elapsed)
Request payment (and let you know when I will be posting - this could be in a few days as I will not be making a special trip to the post office)
Ship

Realistically I would expect the HD with TB's to be in your hands within 2-3 weeks, however this could be delayed if I receive a faulty hd etc.

Example costs from today...

HD:

1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 SATA-2 with 32MB cache and delivery to me £87.29 (from Aria inc postage)

Postage to UK address:

Special delivery next working day includes insurance/signed for £6.70 (second class would be about £5).

Total:

So £93.99 for the complete 6 men TB's

Shaun
Les

Re: Complete 6 men TB's on disk

Post by Les »

Shaun when you say complete 6 men TB's does that also include the entire 5-1 set??
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Les wrote:Shaun when you say complete 6 men TB's does that also include the entire 5-1 set??
Okay it refers to the more normal 3-3 and 4-2 (obviously including pawns) - I don't think I have ever seen the 5-1 available as I am not sure of how useful they are?

Shaun
guyhaw

Re: Complete 6 men TBs ...

Post by guyhaw »

A good offer by Shaun and one I hope he does not regret.

'Nalimov' EGTs do not cover 5-1 chess or positions with castling rights.

Marc B has computed 5-1 EGTs to the DTC(onversion) metric: I have the zugs but not the stats.

g
Les

Post by Les »

Hi Guyhaw

I have been waiting for someone to generate the 5-1 egtb's for a long time. I understand that from an engine point of view they are not very important but I have been doing a study on egtb's and need that final piece of data to complete it. Obviously I need the stat files only. Do you know anyone who has a generator that can do it?

Thx,

Les
guyhaw

Post by guyhaw »

There's always another statistic to go for!

For example, sub-7-man statistics will not be complete until positions with castling rights are included.

As for the DTC EGTs, I imagine Marc B has DTC(onversion) statistics ... number of positions of DTC depth 'n' measured in winner's moves. They could easily be published by zipfile here if MB wishes to.

Note that the DTC statistics are not the same as DTM(ate) statistics.

g
Les

Post by Les »

guyhaw wrote:There's always another statistic to go for!

Hi Guyhaw Yes you are right, never enough data

For example, sub-7-man statistics will not be complete until positions with castling rights are included.

As for the DTC EGTs, I imagine Marc B has DTC(onversion) statistics ... number of positions of DTC depth 'n' measured in winner's moves. They could easily be published by zipfile here if MB wishes to.

Note that the DTC statistics are not the same as DTM(ate) statistics.

Yes I realize that but if I am willing at the moment to settle for wins-draws-loses then that could be very helpful. I assume that either stats will have win-lose-draw stats? Also will I also get the broken positions??

Thx for your response

g
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Bump - disk prices are lower now

e.g. I can get the 'Samsung HD153WI EcoGreen F3 1.5TB SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive' for under £60 including VAT

Shaun
Matt

Post by Matt »

Tech For Less has some open box external 1.5TB's for $70USD
Matt

Post by Matt »

I guess it was the refurb ones for $69.28, the ones that are available are the open box ones for $77.

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech ... c=email623
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Matt wrote:I guess it was the refurb ones for $69.28, the ones that are available are the open box ones for $77.

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech ... c=email623
UK prices are typically more expensive than US prices :(, and the tax on goods is much higher :(