Toga-II Best free chess engine

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
ChessKnight

Toga-II Best free chess engine

Post by ChessKnight »

Fabien Letouzey, Thomas Gaksch and Norman Schmidt:

I have got Toga-II 1.45betac from superchessengine website, and really fallen for it. I really like the playing strength and style. At this moment Toga-II is the best and strongest FREE chess engine available.

Furthermore I would like to say I was testing toga-II playing strength against commercially available strongest chess engines, the results were amazing. Toga-II performed extremely well, and I became a Toga fan.

But, still Toga-II needs lots of improvement in end-game (strategy) evaluation as compared to commercially available strongest chess engines coz it found collapsing just in end-game. As Rybka2.2n2mpw32 is free for download, you may run few match and realize the same. Hope, future version of Toga-II might be equipped with concrete end-game strategy and evaluation coz after having very tough fight in opening and middle-game, it is really hard to see toga collapsing in end-game.

By the way is there any good opening book and end-game database which can be used with toga-II?

The rest is Toga-II is just an excellent!
Thanking you for keeping Toga-II FREE.

PS: Thanks to kranium for quick replying my personal query.
Shaun
Sign-up code: 10159

Re: Toga-II Best free chess engine

Post by Shaun »

Hi ChessKnight,

There is a Toga developers forum here, new versions should be available there first and also it is a good place to ask questions. There is also going to be a FAQ soon.

Please read the Registration instructions.

All the best

Shaun
ChessKnight

Re: Toga-II Best free chess engine

Post by ChessKnight »

Shaun Brewer

Thanks.