USB enclosures, USB hubs, etc

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
clocks
Sign-up code: 0

USB enclosures, USB hubs, etc

Post by clocks »

Hello,

Just maybe a little off topic. It is my line of business to import a lot of items. I can get things such as USB 2.0 enclosures, USB hubs, etc. If anyone is in need of these things just let me know, I can pass on a lot better than eBay pricing as this is my selling market.

I also work with many other items, flash drives, PCMCIA cards, laptops, laptop parts, etc. If anyone needs anything. Specifically talking here about items you would need for EGTB, not just advertising here.

Also, as I get a complete set of these, I would be happy to sell a completed USB hard drive setup with all the drives needed as well as the EGTB files. Or if you want to send me drives, I'd be happy to copy files on over for you. For that matter, I'm in the North-Central Illinois area, would be happy to meet up with someone and share some files over LAN or USB quickly.

Thanks!

Derek
jkominek

Post by jkominek »

Hi Derek,

I don't have the spare time to become part of a "share via mailed hard disk" initiative, but since you have huge upload bandwidth and show a lot of enthusiasm ...

If you send me a couple big external usb drives (500/750GB) and a list of wanted files, I'll copy the data and send it back to you for sharing (and for your own chess use of course). Since I'd ask you to cover shipping costs, it's your choice: UPS, Fedex, etc. I'm in Pittsburgh. Message me for specifics if interested.

No offense taken if you'd rather download by emule. Watching the data stream in can be kind of fun!

john
clocks

Post by clocks »

Hi John,

I would be very interested in trading anyone in the manner. I have haven't started any 3vs3 w/ pawns or 4vs2 w/ pawns files at all. Only what I grabbed from tablewell or olympus chess. I really wouldn't mind a drive out to pittsburgh at all if you wanted to meet up and give me those files.

I'm in the process of moving to a new home, buying my first home. 20 years old here. So, changing what I have for upload around a bit. Right now I can upload at 175k/sec consistantly. With the new place I'm going to get it at about the 450k/sec level. Sharing a full set should really allow me to constantly be offering this 450k/sec. Sometimes with the few files I am still sharing at this point I'm not using my full capacity even at 175k/sec.

If you're up for something like that, I should have some time I'm looking to kill end of december/early january. Would rather meet up with an EGTB user in person especially if it is only a day's drive away.

Derek