7men tablebases

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Arpad Rusz
Sign-up code: 0

7men tablebases

Post by Arpad Rusz »

As I see it, Marc Bourzutschky's tablebases will not going to be public. Am I wrong? We have to find another solution for 7men tablebases. Any ideas?
Martin Kreuzer
Sign-up code: 0

7 men Nalimov EGTB

Post by Martin Kreuzer »

Hi Arpad,

I believe that it would not be too difficult to adjust the Nalimov code so that it computes endgames of type 4men against 3 men. One could also use Guido's program to precalculate the expected sizes, in oder to choose "doable" endgames first.

However, I do not have the c++ knowledge to actually do the programming. My students told me that Nalimov's code could use a major "clean-up" first, anyway.

If anybody is willing to give the coding a try, I would be happy to assist.

Greetings,
Martin Kreuzer
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Going to 7-man ...

Post by guyhaw »

As I understand it, the 7-man-EGT initiative is still in the R&D stage, although significant production results are already forthcoming.
I imagine there are at least significant logistical hurdles to disseminating these EGTs - size, non-Nalimov format (but a 1-1 conversion addresses this), Nalimov-access code not dealing with 7-man etc.
I'm interested in the structure and style of the EGT-codes 'out there', so any comments from your students about Nalimov code would be welcome. It has certainly evolved over time from non-Nalimov beginnings, and might be showing signs of that. However, it delivered bigtime.
g