Aaron Tay's EGTB guide is down?

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Aaron Tay's EGTB guide is down?

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi all! I can't connect to Aaron's EGTB guide. Does anyone know if it is moved or closed, or having temporary problems?
Aarontay

Post by Aarontay »

Hi Krill

The website is closed.

If you are interested, I give you full permission to to use,adapt,modify the content on the old site any way you wish.

It's very outdated though, so you might want to update it.

Regards
Aaron
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Aarontay wrote:Hi Krill

The website is closed.

If you are interested, I give you full permission to to use,adapt,modify the content on the old site any way you wish.

It's very outdated though, so you might want to update it.

Regards
Aaron
Hi Aaron, thanks for offer! Sad to hear that you closed the web-site. I am willing to re-surrect it, if you don't mind. What I would do is transforming it into the wiki so that nice community of EGTB nuts here will help updating it. :-)
Aarontay

Post by Aarontay »

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it!

I was considering the idea of a wiki too a while ago, but I decided there wasn't enough interest. But it seems you have a nice community of EGTB fans and experts here, I have no doubt it will work.

Good Luck.

Aaron
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Thanks Aaron! How can I get the materials of your web-site?
Aarontay

Post by Aarontay »

I presume you are interested only in the endgame tablebase portion (which is essentially 2 pages), I could send the 2 html pages to you, but given it's just 2 pages, it's faster if you could grab them too off the google cache or wayback machine from these 2 urls

http://web.archive.org/web/200604200122 ... /egtb.html

http://web.archive.org/web/200511031836 ... ebase.html

If you really want the full files for the whole website (not just tablebases faq), I can arrange to zip it all up and send to you, shouldn't be too big about 30 megs maybe.

Oh yes, I also offered a 12mb EGDB for the flawed sets that came with chessmaster , to be honest I was never sure if my set was correct. :)
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Thanks, now I saved those two pages! I think this is all I need for current moment. Your winboard FAQ is excellent too, but I don't have time to do anything about it. EGTB FAQ will also take some time to convert to wiki and make public. I can't say when it will be yet, hopefully this year.