Advantages of eMule Mods like Xtreme 5.3.1

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Pachnes
Sign-up code: 0

Advantages of eMule Mods like Xtreme 5.3.1

Post by Pachnes »

Hi,

there are many advantages of eMule Xtreme 5.3.1 over eMule Standard in usabilty. If you are common to Xtreme, you will never change back to eMule Standard. :-)

But there is one advantage which is very important:

You can check in "Xtreme Options" an algorithm which helps to spread rare chunks:

eMule Xtreme does use the ZZ-algorithm for downloading. The ZZ-algorithm does always know, how many clients, which are currently online, share all the different chunks of all the files you want to download. (Down- and Upload of a file is parted to chunks of 9.28 MB) And if you get a download slot at another client ZZ always does download the rarest chunk of the rarest file from this client.

You can overrule this algorithm for certain files (you want them to be finished soon), when you give to them a higher priority than to the normal files, you are downloading.

This does spread the rare chunks of rare files first and so the avaiabiliy of all files will get much better.
Last edited by Pachnes on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Thomas
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Thomas! I agree that eMule Xtreme has some nice features missing in the standard eMule. The question is which of the many mods to choose. For example Xtreme, NeoMule, MorphXT, to name just few. They all seem to have some unique features of their own. (For example, zz algorithm first appeared in another mod, then was ported into Xtreme). Can you give some advice on choosing a mod? What to look for, what to care about, or which particular mods are worth trying?

What I can say from my side: don't bother with eMule plus - it is behind in protocol support, does not support KAD and obfuscation. Also don't use aMule on Windows as it lacks obfuscation protocol at the moment. Thouth aMule devs say they will try to add it soon. (aMule on Linux or Mac should be still great because there are no alternatives there).
Pachnes

There are many good mods :-)

Post by Pachnes »

Hi Kirill,

You are right:

There are many good mods:

Schwarzer Vogel does swear, that Neomule from David Xanatos is the best Mod. He maybe is right. I tried it last weekend, it is really great. But this Mod has so many features, that it is very difficult, to configure it. And support for this Mod would be nearly impossible, because of the hundreds of options you can check or uncheck or set manual values to many variables.

There are the good Mods Morph XT9.1 and StulleMule 4.0 and many others (hundreds of them?).

See -> http://www.januar2.de/13559.html :-) There are other websites with more of them, just google.

I checked many of those Mods. I like Xtreme.

You, Dan Wulff, blueblazes, watcher, kp1089, phareast, merepawn, an other american guy and me are using it right now. And I think, it does work well enough to recommend the use of it here.

Xtreme is the Mod, which is prevalent, all others are very rare.
Regards,

Thomas
phareast

Re: There are many good mods :-)

Post by phareast »

Pachnes wrote:Hi Kirill,

You are right:

There are many good mods:

Schwarzer Vogel does swear, that Neomule from David Xanatos is the best Mod. He maybe is right. I tried it last weekend, it is really great. But this Mod has so many features, that it is very difficult, to configure it. And support for this Mod would be nearly impossible, because of the hundreds of options you can check or uncheck or set manual values to many variables.

There are the good Mods Morph XT9.1 and StulleMule 4.0 and many others (hundreds of them?).

See -> http://www.januar2.de/13559.html :-) There are other websites with more of them, just google.

I checked many of those Mods. I like Xtreme.

You, Dan Wulff, blueblazes, watcher, kp1089, phareast, merepawn, an other american guy and me are using it right now. And I think, it does work well enough to recommend the use of it here.

Xtreme is the Mod, which is prevalent, all others are very rare.
I noticed that you have switched to Magic Angel. Is it better than Xtreme?
Pachnes

There are many good mods :-)

Post by Pachnes »

phareast wrote:
:-)

I just try it. Until now it works very stable, stable upload. It could not be bad, because it is based on MorphXT 9.1, which is a very good Mod. There is a interesting feature with Magic Angel 2.0: In the "Magic Angel Features" you can check "Allow multiple Instances" (of eMule) at the same machine. So i gave it a try. You now see a client ""Pachnes" and a client "Pachnes-2". Pachnes does share *.nbb and Pachnes-2 does share *.nbw. This does smooth the issue with KAD, that KAD does start every 7 hours (not 5 as i posted before) a new cycle of indexing and publishing files. One instance of eMule is able to publish about 35 % of our 2512 files in one cycle, every instance of the two instances can puplish 70 % of the about 1250 files, each instance does organise. It was easy for me to configure it like this, because I had the TBs for White in a different directory at the same disk as the TBs for Black.

If someone want to give this kind of configuration a try, I will help. There are a few configurations to make, to ensure, that max. upload, max. download, max. of open connections, max. of new started connections within 5 seconds and so on do not exceed limits.

And sure you can not start a second eMule with the same userhash. So certain files in your second .../emule/config must be edited or deleted before the first start of the second instance.

It took me 2 hours trial and error, there is nowhere a docu. Would be nice, if we would have green and yellow pieces too, I would start a third and a fourth instance for them too.
Regards,

Thomas
phareast

Post by phareast »

Pachnes wrote:
phareast wrote:
:-)

I just try it. Until now it works very stable, stable upload. It could not be bad, because it is based on MorphXT 9.1, which is a very good Mod. There is a interesting feature with Magic Angel 2.0: In the "Magic Angel Features" you can check "Allow multiple Instances" (of eMule) at the same machine. So i gave it a try. You now see a client ""Pachnes" and a client "Pachnes-2". Pachnes does share *.nbb and Pachnes-2 does share *.nbw. This does smooth the issue with KAD, that KAD does start every 7 hours (not 5 as i posted before) a new cycle of indexing and publishing files. One instance of eMule is able to publish about 35 % of our 2512 files in one cycle, every instance of the two instances can puplish 70 % of the about 1250 files, each instance does organise. It was easy for me to configure it like this, because I had the TBs for White in a different directory at the same disk as the TBs for Black.

If someone want to give this kind of configuration a try, I will help. There are a few configurations to make, to ensure, that max. upload, max. download, max. of open connections, max. of new started connections within 5 seconds and so on do not exceed limits.

And sure you can not start a second eMule with the same userhash. So certain files in your second .../emule/config must be edited or deleted before the first start of the second instance.

It took me 2 hours trial and error, there is nowhere a docu. Would be nice, if we would have green and yellow pieces too, I would start a third and a fourth instance for them too.
I have 2 questions:
(1) Have you patched TCPIP.SYS?
(2) Wouldn't four instances on the same connection slow down your uploads?
Pachnes

Post by Pachnes »

phareast wrote: I have 2 questions:
(1) Have you patched TCPIP.SYS?
(2) Wouldn't four instances on the same connection slow down your uploads?
Yes I have patched tcpip.sys to 64 half open connections. Each instance is configured to a max. of 25 half connections. When I did use a single instance of eMule, I configured it to 50 half open connections.

I can not see a difference in upload: Both instances do upload stable 32 KB/s each. Before one instance did upload stable 64 KB/s. Fortunately we do not have green and yellow pieces beside the blacks and whites, as every instance does need about 70 MB RAM and I would have to buy some harddisks :-) But I think, it would work, to give every instance 16 KB/s upload. A few of us sure have less than 16 KB/s upload to their ISP.
Regards,

Thomas