CEO Edition I. Argentina.

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
Sergio Martinez
Sign-up code: 10159

CEO Edition I. Argentina.

Post by Sergio Martinez »

Swiss system tournament by teams. The teams will consist of four engines from the same country. The engines must qualify previously participating in qualifying tournament, that depending on the number of participants will have a system or another (round robin or swiss). In the main tournament (by teams) there can be more than one team by country (example Germany A, B, C, etc.), the participation of these number of teams will also depend on the number of total engines in qualifying tournaments. In case of a tie between two engines in one of the qualification tournaments, two more games will be played at the same time control. If the result is 1-1, two more games will be played again until one of the engines wins the match.

Software/Rules

GUI : Arena (3.51)
Time control: Adapted to 40/40 CCRL (benchmark).
Ponder: off
Threads : 1
Default hash=256Mb
Endgame tablebases: Syzygy - Nalimov - Scorpio Bitbases - Gaviota. Hash set to 64Mb.
Resign is set to -5 for 3 consecutive moves where able.
All engines will use the same opening book limited to an 8 move depth.
Engines

Open to all Winboard and UCI engines (free, private and commercial).
Engine authors can either post their wish for their engine to participate or contact through email (sergiomg24@hotmail.com) or private message. I will choose engines by myself too.
More than one engine by author is allowed.
In case of having more than one author of different country by engine, I will assign the country (team) in which they must play by choice of their authors. If there are no preferences of its authors, I will assign the engine to the country with the fewest engines.
Updates will not be allowed during each tournament (before qualifying tournaments start and before main swiss tournament starts).
The similarity tool will be used to determine whether or not an engine can participate (Engines allowed until 70% of moves match).
Results will be rated only for engines already in the CCRL lists.

Code: Select all

Score     Ga Ch Ce Ch Ra So
----------------------------------------------------------
 1: Gaviota 1.0 64-bit       9.5 / 10   XX 1= 11 11 11 11  (+9 -0 =1)
 2: Chronos 1.9.9 64-bit     8.5 / 10   0= XX 11 11 11 11  (+8 -1 =1)
 3: Cerebro 4.03 64-bit      6.0 / 10   00 00 XX 11 11 11  (+6 -4 =0)
 4: Chispa 4.0.3             4.0 / 10   00 00 00 XX 11 11  (+4 -6 =0)
 5: RataAeroespacial 0.2.1   2.0 / 10   00 00 00 00 XX 11  (+2 -8 =0)
 6: Soberango 0.12.0         0.0 / 10   00 00 00 00 00 XX  (+0 -10 =0)
----------------------------------------------------------
Engines qualified: Gaviota,Chronos,Cerebro and Chispa

http://swisstourneys.pcriot.com/CEOEd1/argentina.htm