Looking to buy a Chess Program for Analysis

Questions and comments related to CCRL testing study
chesscrave
Sign-up code: 0

Looking to buy a Chess Program for Analysis

Post by chesscrave »

I am in the market shopping around for the latest Chess Program. I currently have Fritz8 and need some help deciding on a Chess Program.

The most important thing for me, that I'm going to use it for mostly will be Post Game Analysis. I'll use it to analyze my OTB games when I get home from a tournament or analyze my completed games I play on other Chess sites.

I am also going to be buying a dual core processor (probably an AMD Athlon 64 X2 or simlilar) as an upgrade to my PC. I have been looking at Deep Junior which seems like a strong possiblity. Does anyone have Deep Junior and can let me know how they like it? Also any other ideas are welcome.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

A good idea for you would be to download some games played by top programs and judge for yourself which one played the way you like. Many people only care about ELO these days, but it's not sure that the strongest program is the best for analysis.

Of course our rating lists (40/40 and 40/4) and game downloads (40/40 and 40/4) are always at your service.

Also please note that there is a number of very strong free chess programs which you may want to try before buying something.