W/D/L results for unique positions with specific materials

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Doirse
Sign-up code: 10159

W/D/L results for unique positions with specific materials

Post by Doirse »

Hello -- I am new to this website and have read several threads that come close to answering this, and I'd appreciate if someone could help point me in the right direction.

For a specific set of material, let's say KRKP, I am looking for two different data points. First, number of unique positions. Ideally I'd like to get the FEN strings for each one. Second, W/D/L for each of position.

I have found this discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6639

and then this site:

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/nulp/

The NULP site answered my first question (krkp - 4,054,640 ESM). Is there someway to generate the actual list of FEN strings myself?

But I can't seem to find an answer to my second question -- what is the exact W/D/L results for those 4,054,640 positions? I've found percentages on other sites broken out by wtm and btm and other factors, but those results were based on databases of actual games which I understand therefore means not/not perfect play by both sides.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered on here somewhere.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Re: W/D/L results for unique positions with specific materia

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Doirse wrote:(krkp - 4,054,640 ESM)
krkp - 4,054,640 positions with white to move, 4,986,658 positions with black to move (listed as kpkr in NULP stats file).

Welcome and good luck in your search!