Can we add this .torrent file to Olympuschess tracker ?

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..

Can we add this .torrent file to Olympuschess tracker ?

Postby kp1139 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Speaking of the 3-4-5-6 man nalimov egtb's. I'd love to leave any excess bandwidth open (No ISP complaints with that, finally now being on a dedicated line). I've trickled it out for the last 6 or 7 years quietly :)

I realize that there is a HTTP source, but with the nature of bit torrent, that source can be added to your download and you still can offset the server load there some - It all adds up.

If it is added, I'm able to commit to an averaged 10 meg outbound as a seeder with the files complete already in hand. Simpler configuration, if its anything like the other torrents on Olympuschess, I think we'll pick up a few people sharing on some nicer fiber home connections and stuff as time progresses.

I would really appreciate it being done - Sure, I can upload to a random torrent site, but I love the organization of having it just added to the same place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pdghjdrckur8 ... 29.torrent

(I haven't used dropbox before, so if there is any problem with the link let me know)
kp1139

Re: Can we add this .torrent file to Olympuschess tracker ?

Postby jshriver » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:13 am

I will do my best to see about hosting this. I've been tempted to host this set (and I do I have the full set) but due to its enormous size was concerned about seeds.

Will update once I figure out an answer.

-Josh
jshriver

Postby kp1139 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Please consider this request removed now, I will stop checking for a reply. I will also create my own solution otherwise, no worries.
kp1139

Postby jshriver » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:52 pm

kp1139 wrote:Please consider this request removed now, I will stop checking for a reply. I will also create my own solution otherwise, no worries.

Is the torrent still active? If so shouldn't be to hard to get it added to the system.
jshriver

Return to Endgame Tablebases