MVL EGTs for Chess

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

MVL EGTs for Chess

Post by guyhaw »

Emil Vlasak has an interesting article in EG 189 on '7-man alternatives' featuring both 'FinalGen' and the MVL EGT supercomputer initiative at Moscow State University.

The latter seems to be making fantastic progress: KQRKQB EGT, e.g., generated in 2'20" is a bit quick.

I would be interested in any relevant URLs or contact details for the team. Thanks in advance for help.

Guy
byakuugan
Sign-up code: 10159

Re: MVL EGTs for Chess

Post by byakuugan »

I found the page www.gadycosteff.com/eg/eg.html but the issues only go up to 152.
Thanks! I didn't know that so many endgame studies existed; most of them are hard to find due to their primitive displays; that was one of the reasons I began posting my annotations of tablebases onto youtube: to make analysis of endgame studies more user-friendly.
My first 7-man annotation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h_b0puS8Vk
I just found out that some of the annotations on my videos will be cut off if not in full-screen mode.

I think I said this before, but I envision that in future tablebase interfaces, annotations will pop up whenever a position is queried.
Arpad Rusz
Sign-up code: 0

Re: MVL EGTs for Chess

Post by Arpad Rusz »

byakuugan wrote:My first 7-man annotation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h_b0puS8Vk
I think I said this before, but I envision that in future tablebase interfaces, annotations will pop up whenever a position is queried.
Thanks for this analysis! Very nice!
I like your idea too. It is very hard to implement but it would be a really great achivement.