How solving tablebases could be made simpler

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
byakuugan
Sign-up code: 10159

How solving tablebases could be made simpler

Post by byakuugan »

Since I don't have programming knowledge, it might be best if I only focus on providing insight into the positions, rather than trying to learn how to generate tablebases. It seems that if I could see groups of alike positions together, I would be faster at solving them. What I have in mind is sort of like a tree of positions, where you can easily identify the key positions and the positions leading up to them, and classify the positions with names. It is a lot harder to use the 6-man interface where I can only look at one position at a time without seeing their relationship to other positions. If anyone has the ability to see a "web" of positions all at once, please hypercam them so that I can see. (hypercam is the program I use to record my computer screen when I make my youtube videos)
guyhaw

Re: How solving tablebases could be made simpler

Post by guyhaw »

To see to what extent higher-level statements can be made about 'groups of positions' in the endgame, see John Nunn's six (!) books on the endgame. There was the first trilogy on Pawnless, Rook- and Minor-Piece-endgames ... and he's followed that up with a second trilogy recently.

g
byakuugan

Re: How solving tablebases could be made simpler

Post by byakuugan »

I want to create a "unviersal tablebase" like a database of every player's chess knowledge. Where any player can submit their theorems to be employed on an infinite sized board.