2TB Drives

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jshriver
Sign-up code: 0

2TB Drives

Post by jshriver »

The price for drives is really coming down. This shopping season I picked up 2, 2TB drives for $69 us each. Plan to dedicated 1 to just egtbs. (Yay can finally finish the set)
Wondering if anyone else managed to get such a deal and if space has been an issue in the past keeping you from finishing the set.

If they stay this cheap, it could be viable to drive swap the entire 3-4-5-6 man set.
-Josh
Volker Pittlik
Sign-up code: 10159

Re: 2TB Drives

Post by Volker Pittlik »

jshriver wrote:...Wondering if anyone else managed to get such a deal and if space has been an issue in the past keeping you from finishing the set....
I bought an external 1.5 TB drive yesterday. It was a special offer for 99 Swiss Francs (199 before). US$ and Swiss Franc are almost at the same level these days. Power supply, USB cable and everything was included.

Volker
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

I'll be looking for new drives when my next chess solver will reach production quality. Just saw a news that speculates there will be 4 TB drives next year. (Unfortunately I don't have space for Nalimov tables these days).
grandad

Post by grandad »

Does anyone (prefferably in US) have 6-men Nalimov tablebases? I would like to send a 1.5 TB USB hard drive and let you copy the 6-piece DBs to it.
I would also agree to a reasonable copying charge.
You can contact me at tomedowdy@gmail.com.
JohnnyBob

Post by JohnnyBob »

grandad wrote:Does anyone (prefferably in US) have 6-men Nalimov tablebases? I would like to send a 1.5 TB USB hard drive and let you copy the 6-piece DBs to it.
I would also agree to a reasonable copying charge.
You can contact me at tomedowdy@gmail.com.
Same offer here as grandad...
You can contact me at xccrl@johnnybob.com
And if I can get the 6-man Nalimov EGTBs this way, or any other way, I'll offer the same service to others in return.
kronsteen

Post by kronsteen »

I'd be glad to copy the 6-men full set to anyone who sends me a disk, for free (just have return shipping expenses covered).
But I live in France, and I only can handle external USB drives.

Tell me there if you're interested, I'll PM you.
JohnnyBob

Post by JohnnyBob »

Thanks very much. I've sent you a PM with some details...