Chess IS International

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Vegan

Chess IS International

Post by Vegan »

Looking at the Google analytics page for my site, it seems almost daily that another country has come visit my site. Its now over 30 countries and growing every week by leaps and bounds.

I only expected traffic mostly from the US, Canada, Germany and Russia, but it seems chess is more popular elsewhere than I realized.

I tried that Google translate tool, no good, my site architecture is not suitable. I use Firefox and there is a plug-in that can translate pages using one of 20++ providers speaking any of 35 languages. If one chokes, there is always another. Seems most do a very good job.
ernest
Sign-up code: 0

Re: Chess IS International

Post by ernest »

Vegetable man, you're the Champion of the World...

Moderator of this Forum: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Moderator time ...

Post by guyhaw »

I don't think we have ever had need to call a moderator into action, but we seem to be getting near that now.
I tire of vegan's relentless self-publicity, inaccuracies, and conflation of the future and the present.
The 'v' website offering EGTs is potentially misleading, and [KK] a caveat (in suitable terms) on the EGT Discussion page would not be out of place.
g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Vegan, you have warning. In future please try to not offend other readers of this forum. You get warning only once here.

"Offending" in your case includes posting inaccurate and misleading information, posting things that are not related to EGTB, and also posting large number of low information posts.
Vegan

Post by Vegan »

The system requirements for 7 pieces are pretty firm from my analysis. The only variable, I cannot predict exactly how well the parts will compress. I can't 7 pieces start them as I lack adequate disk space and available mainframes have the same problem. I also don't have all the 6 piece parts quite yet.

As for the TBGEN program, its not that hard to update, the problem is finding a machine to run it. The Sun Enterprise i have access to needs more storage to be usable for any parts of 7 pieces, but it does have 64-cores and 64 GB of RAM which is barely enough.

The same people have a bigger Cray in the junk box, and its unclear if it will be usable. The Cray XT3 is several racks of supercomputer. I don't yet know how much RAM it has or the actual number of cores, all I know is its 6 racks worth of XT3.

Cleaning up favorites, I note some international places I used to play chess at are gone. The Arena forum has not been replaced yet. Mitigating it I found some new chess sites in Russia recently. Seems Russia is now a hot spot of new chess programs. http://www.sdchess.ru has lots of updated engines if you can read Cyrillic.