Share Your Tablebases

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jkominek
Sign-up code: 0

Re: Share Your Tablebases

Post by jkominek »

Vegan wrote:
guyhaw wrote:KPPKPP does not promote directly to KQPKQP, only to KxPKPP.
Given KPPKPP, and pawns on the 7th rank respectively, its possible for KPPKPP to convert to KQPKQP if the position does not check on queening.
guyhaw's statement stands. (Nor does he require instruction that 4 pieces need 3 pieces for captures.) "promote directly" refers not to one move, but to one ply. As it well should -- the links between tables are single ply transitions.
Vegan wrote:I download/generate tablebases with regard to the dependencies so the next layer will function properly even if incomplete.
You realize that tbgen takes care of dependencies automatically, don't you?

jk
Vegan

Re: Share Your Tablebases

Post by Vegan »

yes TBGEN will automatically recursively generate any parts that it needs for the piece being generated. I am referring to searching rather than 1 ply this way or the other. Was attempting to show a path where dependencies may occur.

So TBGEN ..... KPPKPP will generate all the 3, 4, 5 and 6 parts needed for this if any minors are not found. Only need about 8 GB of RAM, DDR3 would be best, 16+ cores would be best, and at least 4.7 TB of free space on the RAID.

Dependencies are pieces, then 1 pawn, then 2 and so on for each additional piece as we go from 3 onwards. I put a blurb on the tb page about dependencies when I updated the list of products with more accurate space needs based on using subsets. Had to use excel to get the numbers right.

Now with excel I can keep track of downloads, generated, and how many dvd's worth I have. last count was a bit over 63 dvd's.
Only 200 to go.