33 Sub Set available on Bit Torrent

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
kp1139
Sign-up code: 0

33 Sub Set available on Bit Torrent

Post by kp1139 »

I have added the complete 33 sub set into my bit torrent shares. I invite anyone else with these files to also download the torrent file and seed as well. I notice a lot of funky/defeciencies issues with emule.

1.) If I FTP a file to a friend, they get my full bandwidth, while on eMule, they seem to never get over 30KB/sec. I have noticed this time and time again accross multiple ISPs. I also have run eMule on a 10MBps line, and noticed that each connection rarely went over 80KB/sec, while I could download over FTP/HTTP/Bit Torrent/etc at a full 1.2MB/sec.

2.) There seems to be some issue with the IPs being blocked from numerous sources that are on eMule, while this is fixable, it is somewhat complicated for the common user. I wish to make the files more freely available.

3.) I would find it quite interesting to see the "Swarm Speed" of just how fast we are trading around the files, not just the statistics of who I am currently uploading to over eMule which lets me see nothing more.

4.) Glory and Fame - While I can tell you that I have uploaded terabytes of EGTB, nothing says it quite like a ranking system that would be interesting to watch just who has uploaded the most.

5.) Encouragement to share more - While I notice some people will share the files for years to come, others are just downloading and disconnecting. I would love to know just who the leechers are, and just who is contributing what.

Many more reasons why I have decided not to share the files over eMule and just to start up on the various torrents.

You can simply download the torrent file from http://www.westronics.org/33.torrent (963KB) and point it to your 33 files you already have shared.

I have MD5'd my files, etc to make sure there is 100% integrity with this release.

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU MAKE YOUR 33 FILES READ ONLY BEFORE ADDING THEM TO THIS BIT TORRENT SHARE. While I have no issues with adding them to my shares, I don't want someone to somehow get all there files over written with some goofy bit torrent client and started again from the beginning, checking them as read only will ensure this 100% does not happen.

Azureus seems to be my favorite bit torrent client of choice, with a rather bloated interface of an insane list of options. Many great features such as allowing yourself to check all but one file as do not download, and just grabbing one file, or one certain set as you desire.

As of my posting of this thread, bit torrent is currently running over and checking the integrity of my files from the original .torrent file.

Open to any and all suggestions here, but this is my start on this little share project :)
jkominek

Re: 33 Sub Set available on Bit Torrent

Post by jkominek »

kp1139 wrote:3.) I would find it quite interesting to see the "Swarm Speed" of just how fast we are trading around the files, not just the statistics of who I am currently uploading to over eMule which lets me see nothing more.
kp - Have you witnessed any swarm activity yet?
4.) Glory and Fame - While I can tell you that I have uploaded terabytes of EGTB, nothing says it quite like a ranking system that would be interesting to watch just who has uploaded the most.
Okay, here's your chance. 3.67 TB of tablebase data has gone out from my emule client -- beat that! kppkpp is the most popular file, by a large margin (2568 requests). kbbkbb has been requested the least - only twice.
Azureus seems to be my favorite bit torrent client of choice, with a rather bloated interface of an insane list of options.
What would you recommend for a lightweight client? Also, a Beginner's Guide To would help. I know I'm exposing my technological backwardness here, but I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I've never used bit torrent.

john
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

uTorrent is a lightweight client that I like.

Please keep this thread updated with any news on EGTB on BitTorrent.

If you compare BitTorrent and eMule, the biggest difference I think is in perception. Both networks can do (IMHO) all we need for EGTB sharing, but BitTorrent is more often associated with "accelerated downloads", which means people will relatively quickly stop sharing downloaded files. eMule has more of the "file sharing" image, which means more people who use eMule tend to have files shared for long time. We are aiming for the long-term availability, which is why I prefer eMule for this project.

I did not feel the speed limits personally, there are enough users out there to fill my bandwidth with either network.

It's possible that my information is outdated and BitTorrent will prove more efficient. Let's see. Anyway, more choices is always good. :-)
kosulin

Post by kosulin »

Is torrent still valid?
It looks like it is not hosted on Demonoid anymore.
I am getting "Connection refused" with Azureus.
kosulin

Post by kosulin »

Now the staus is O.K., but are there any seeders yet?