Need help downloading the 6piece EGTB's

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
M ANSARI

Need help downloading the 6piece EGTB's

Post by M ANSARI »

Hi I would like to know I can download the relevant 6 piece EGTB's. I already have all 5 EGTB's but need the 6 piece bases. I will be going on vacation for 4 weeks and I will be passing London where in our house we have a 22mb internet connection (very very fast) so I figured if I leave it on for all 4 weeks maybe I will be able to download all the files? I guess the way is using some bittorrent download? Can someone please tell me the best way to do it, and is 4 weeks enough? Thanks.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Re: Need help downloading the 6piece EGTB's

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

M ANSARI wrote:Hi I would like to know I can download the relevant 6 piece EGTB's. I already have all 5 EGTB's but need the 6 piece bases. I will be going on vacation for 4 weeks and I will be passing London where in our house we have a 22mb internet connection (very very fast) so I figured if I leave it on for all 4 weeks maybe I will be able to download all the files? I guess the way is using some bittorrent download? Can someone please tell me the best way to do it, and is 4 weeks enough? Thanks.
When you download tablebases, you are usually limited not by the speed of your internet connection, but by the speed of internet connection of those from whom you will be downloading. I think 4 weeks is a bit too optimistic at the current moment.

The best ways I know to obtain all 6-men EGTB:
1. Find someone who already hass all 6-men EGTB and copy hard disk to hard disk. You may need to send your hard disk by mail if no one is near.
OR
2. Use instructions from this page to download all 6-men talebases from eD2K/KAD network.