Distributed projects

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
pnielsen

Distributed projects

Post by pnielsen »

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any distributed projects for computing endgame tablebases? I would definitely be interested in helping.
JT-CHESS

Re: Distributed projects

Post by JT-CHESS »

One thing i'm curious about is if one can download for free software which will generate the 7 piece tb's? If so then we could start the project here...
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin
Sign-up code: 0

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

I'm not aware of any 7-men generator available to public, either free or commercial. As well as any 7-men tablebases, or any engines capable of using them.

I would be happy to contribute CPU time too, but someone has to release the generator first. Even 5-1 tablebases are not done yet, which should be finished before doing any 7-men stuff IMO. I guess everyone able to do this are just busy with their life. I can't complain since I did nothing EGTB-related myself the last year or so.
JT-CHESS

Post by JT-CHESS »

Do we really need 5 vs 1 tb's? 7 piece seem so much more useful, as long as some chess engine can use them.
h.g.muller

Post by h.g.muller »

Unfortunately I am also guilty of this no-progess era. I have been suffering from tendinitis (tennis-elbow) which precluded me from doing much work on the PC. Besides that, my to-do list already was way too long. The EGTB buiding is slowly floating back to the top now, however.

My project for adapting Winboard is nearly finished, and after that, and putting micro-Max to work on it for evaluation of (fairy) piece values, I will probably go back to the fast generation of 6 and 7-men EGTBs.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi H.G.! That would be great if you will continue EGTB work! You can count on my help in making noise about it, or any other support I can do. :-) (Except coding since I have long list of unfinished projects of my own).
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

I second that, I'm also available to help out if possible. Both CPU time and hosting the files once done. Wouldn't mind even doing some coding.