Chess Composition Analysis Capability

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Chess Composition Analysis Capability

Post by guyhaw »

In EG169, Emil Vlasak has gone 'back to basics' in his column, and indicated the typical resources needed to analyse Endgame Studies. These include:
5-man and 6-man (Pawnless and Pawnful) [Nalimov] EGTs,
FRITZ, HIARCS, RYBKA and SHREDDER
His FRITZ/HIARCS tactical/strategic team, also recommended by GKasparov, has now been superceded by RYBKA/SHREDDER.
I would be interested to hear from anyone with at least 'a good EGT holding' who would be interested to take part in an experiment where a 'distributed team' analyses a set of endgame studies. If interested, please indicate what EGTs and engines you could deploy.
If this can be shown to work, it should be possible to improve the correctness-quality of studies and the speed with which they are published, via tourneys or not.
I can be reached via http://www.tinyurl.com/law6k: thanks in advance for your interest.
g
Arpad Rusz
Sign-up code: 0

Post by Arpad Rusz »

I would be interested to take part in the experiment. I have almost all of the 6-man tablebases and I could use Rybka and Shredder 10 for analysis.