PAKman Server is Down

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
PAKman
Sign-up code: 0

PAKman Server is Down

Post by PAKman »

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a 500GB Western Digital hard drive last night FEDEX Fed Saver and paid Newegg for rush handling, and ran out of space this morning on f: drive. This is the drive that hold the 33p tablebases. I also ran out of space on c: drive with is where all the incoming folders reside. I have some space on g: drive where the few 42p i have reside and will work with that space today to get up and running on a temporary basis. Then will go down again when the drive arrives.

Thanks
Norm
PAKman

Post by PAKman »

Hi Everyone.

The server is up and running again. Found and additional 68GB. not much but looking for more and will make it available when found.
This may allow me to stay up until the drive arrives.
Found Linux on a small partition on c: drive. Since this computer will be a Windows Server in the future i will see if i can capture that space as well.
Problem is that it is a dual boot machine and when i deleted the Linux partitions and rebooted i had a Grub error. Have reinstalled Linux and will try another approach.

Thanks
Norm
ftp://chess:chess@71.68.97.166
PAKman

Hard Drive is Here.

Post by PAKman »

Hi Everyone,
The PAKserver will go down at 13:30 EST today for the installation of the new hard drive. Will come back up as soon as the files are transferred and checked to the new drive. This drive is for 3+3 with pawns only, but i have 33p spread over three drives.
Wish me luck.
Norm/PAKman
ftp://chess:chess@71.68.97.166
Last edited by PAKman on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Good luck, Norm! I know how hard it can be organize that amount of data. :wink:
clocks

Post by clocks »

Most definitly, especially coming from multiple angles at you :)
PAKman

Post by PAKman »

Thanks Kirill,

I'm sure you have had to do a lot of upgrading of drive space over the years.

I set this machine up to make the addition/replacement of drives very easy.
i gave up the speed that RAID has to offer and opted for 4 individual drives looking towards the future and the prospect of upgrading drives at least twice.

A 750GB is somewhere is the future as the G: drive contains the 4+2 with pawns. Not really much activity uploading or downloading on that drive yet, but i know it coming. Hopefully will have the money set aside for the drive with the time comes.

Thanks for all you do!
Norm
PAKman

Post by PAKman »

Hi Derek,

The multiple angles is the problem. In an effort to continue to receive 33p is spread them all over the computer. :D Now I must retrieve the files and put them all on the new 500 GB F: Drive. It will be fun. :wink:

You will be able to upload later today. I have seen you there trying.
I will fix whatever is wrong tonight.

Thanks for all you help.
Norm