Chessbase 6 pieces endgame key (ck3)

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
blackbubble
Sign-up code: 0

Chessbase 6 pieces endgame key (ck3)

Post by blackbubble »

Hi again

I want to ask you if there exist a endgame key for the 6 pieces for the chessbase programm.

I know that the Mega Database has the 4 and 5 pieces endgame key, but i wanted the 6 pieces too.

If that exist it would be easier to make statistics over the most popular endgames.

Anyone has a link to that or have i to make it myself (much work to make 295 keys)

Thanks in advance

Black Bubble
Arpad Rusz

Post by Arpad Rusz »

I have attached a small collection of tablebase studies with the complete 6-men endgame key.
Attachments
Tablebase Studies.zip
(649.77 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
blackbubble

Post by blackbubble »

Hi Arpad Rusz

Thank you very much for your post.

I have another question to you. I wanted to make 4 categories an then copy your keys into my keys. The categories are 33, 42, 33p and 42p.

I think the 33 and 42 i made correctely but I have no Idea how to make the others with pawns.

I tried a lot but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for you answer

Greetings

Black Bubble
Arpad Rusz

Post by Arpad Rusz »

Can you describe what went wrong? What is different when you try to move the keys with pawns?
blackbubble

Post by blackbubble »

Hi

The problem is that when i mark the total for the 2 sides (black and with) with 3-3 he counts only the pieces (not the pawns), so I have every endgame with 3 pieces (2 pieces and the king) and more pawns (1-2 for white, and 0-2 for black)

I tried to mark also the button total and than any pieces with 6-6 (does not work)
I tried different ways but no way did that what i wanted.

There are on the english site of chessbase 2 articles from Steven A. Lopez. (T-Notes).

http://www.chessbase.com/workshop2.asp?id=2559
http://www.chessbase.com/workshop2.asp?id=2560

He explained not bad but this case I think he did not explain.

The problem is that total do not count the pawns, only pieces.

I tried with the option difference but without success. ( I think this is the only way i can make it but i do not know how)

Another problem is that i cannot copy your keys, or other endgame keys.
The chessbase manual says it is possible with key tranfer but this do not work for me. The button transfer is greyed out. The key transfer only works with the opening keys. The manual says it would work with every keys. (There explanation is not so good in the manual, or perhaps i didn´t understand it)

Greetings

Black Bubble
Arpad Rusz

Post by Arpad Rusz »

The transfer button is greyed out for me too, so I can't transfer endgame subkeys to another database either. This is probably another bug in the program.
You have to install the whole endgame key to your database.
If you want to separate pawnless(33) and pawnful(33p) endgames, you have to use 'Define key memo'(=Cut) and then 'Insert key memo'(=Paste) to move every subkey to the 33 or 33p keys. You don't have to mark the total of the white/black pieces or anything at all. The 33 or 33p keys are only blank keys!
My original idea was also to make separated 33, 33p (and 42, 42p) keys. But they can't be easily browsed as they don't fit into the window.
blackbubble

Post by blackbubble »

Hi again

Thanks for you fast answer.

But do you have any idea how i can create keys that correspond to 33p and 42p. It must be possible. :idea: Now this is a challenge for me but i can't find out. I tried yesterday a lot and a few trials today but nop.

If anybody knows how this would be made thanks for your answer.

Greetings

Black Bubble

P.S. I tried to copy the keys in Chessbase 8. (ah not greyed out..... but it crashed by the transfer)
Lutz Nebe

Post by Lutz Nebe »

I created a key. Just rename the files to your database name.
A problem occurs with the 4+2P key because you can't do it with one key. You have to use two keys 3+P v 2 and 4 v k+p. There is no other solution, because it's not symetric.

The function "transfer key" can be used only with opening keys.

Greetings,
Lutz
Attachments
KeyExample.zip
Example key for 6 piece positions: 3+3P, 4+2P and 4P+2
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
blackbubble

Post by blackbubble »

Hi Lutz Nebe

Thanks for your post.

I tried also to make different keys.

The best i could find until now is a key for 33, a key for 42, and a key for 33p+42p+51p in the same key.

If anyone finds an error (games that have to be listed and are not or vice versa) can make a reply here.

Greetings

Black Bubble

P.S. Sometimes when you jump over the games through the keys Chessbase shows the starting position or jumps to a variation and not to the position you searched for. That means the searching position is the end position. A bug or feature, i don't know.
Attachments
33-42-33p,42p,51p.zip
(386 Bytes) Downloaded 306 times
Arpad Rusz

Post by Arpad Rusz »

Sorry Black Bubble,
but I thought you want detailed endgame keys.
I don't really see the usefulness of general endgame keys. Mixing KPPKPP endgames with KRPKRP or KQPKRR in a single subkey doesn't make much sense to me.

Arpi
blackbubble

Post by blackbubble »

Hi Arpad Rusz

No reason to apologize. What you posted is that what i needed. I only wanted to make 4 categories 33, 42, 33p and 42p and then put your keys in as subcategorie.

Now I don't have to made all these subcategories that saves me a lot of work. Thanks again for your post.

Greetings

Black Bubble