Clocks-2 FTP Site

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
clocks
Sign-up code: 0

Post by clocks »

Did the same with the last few 33P files that I didn't have - so that section of my 6-man tablebases are completed now. Now just 285GB to go until I have the rest of the tablebases completed.

I'm wondering how much my connection speed will drop towards the end, many of these files I'm seeing only have 2 or 3 sources found. I'm thinking it might really wind down around the last 50GB especially.
jkominek

Post by jkominek »

Yes, it does slow down when it comes to the final 200 MB of rare stuff. We'll know we've achieved success when there's no appreciable difference between 42 and 42p files.

Kirill -- have you updated your smilely face list recently?

If you do notice a significant drop that won't be helped by more friend slots, drop another note. Currently I'm helping PAKman populate his ftp server. But when the need arises I'll split off one connection to keep your incoming rate topped up.

john
clocks

Post by clocks »

At the moment at 220kb/sec down, so still looking OK for now. I assume you mean the last 200GB of files? (Not 200MB?)

Just starting to watch people I'm uploading to hit "no needed parts" as far as the download column goes in known clients.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

jkominek wrote:Kirill -- have you updated your smilely face list recently?
Not recently. Getting an accurate source count is becoming more difficult recently with fake servers which return thousands of fake results.

If anyone notice any set getting 10 sources, please let me know.
clocks

Post by clocks »

And btw to pachnes - the friend upload slot is much appreciated as I shart to hit the "not so well charted lands" of the downloads here.

Tonight I notice many of the regulars gone - uploading 'only' 800kb/sec, I'm sure some are enjoying the 70k/sec+ though :)

Also I think for the same reason I'm getting a better download rate, have noticed sometimes over 300k/sec. Hoping I can keep up this 150k/sec+ through around 100GB left. Looks like I've been moving around 15-20GB/day. I'm hopeful of 2 weeks and it will all be completed over eMule. Especially with jkomineks offered help :)
clocks

Post by clocks »

I reverified all completed files with MD5. If anyone gets a bad copy of a file from the FTP site, please try to redownload once more. If it is still not right, please send me a PM so that I can recheck it in a case by case way.

I put the last 13 remaining '33' files on high priority in eMule so hopefully those will be done by the end of today. So at that point all the 33/33P files will be available for download.

I'll do the same with the 42 collection to finish those off as well, then just leaving the 42P left to finish off.

Hopefully 2 weeks and everyone will be able to get any file they need specifically from me in this fashion. I think it will help some as they are coming to the end of their sets, and files are getting harder to find.

For this purpose, if you are getting close, but having some trouble with very slow downloads, please PM me and I'll get an account set up for you with slightly better access than the 15KB/sec it is currently set to.

As I have no queue on eMule hopefuly this wil not be such a big problem, and you will still get 30-50kb/sec from me consistantly.
clocks

Post by clocks »

Both the 33 and 33P sets are completely available for download at this point from the FTP site.
Pachnes

Post by Pachnes »

Hi community!

Derek, thank you for this effort. So everybody can download these sets from you via ftp. I just have stopped shareing TB33 and TB33p, to concentrate my upload bandwith to TB42 and TB42p.

Do you all agree with this?
Regards,

Thomas
clocks

Post by clocks »

Very much agreed, few days late on the response though from my end.

I plan to share just the pawnful databases over eMule, but still allow the pawnless ones to be downloaded from me via FTP. I think it is the best choice all around for people with these complete sets.
clocks

Post by clocks »

As a status update for the server:

33 set - Completed / Verified
33P set - Completed / Verified
42 set - 85GB Completed / Verified
42P set - 237GB Completed / Verified

The 42 set I have the remaining files downloading on eMule, 17GB left to go. Will add in files as they finish off from there.

The 42P set I have 276GB completed in another directory, grabbing files 10-20 at a time, verifying and adding into the main folder so long as everything checks out fine with MD5. Should be a minimal loss of 10 files maybe, will complete over eMule any left over that aren't good. If you already had every one I had recently, check back now, as I am adding in a lot of files right now.

Hopefully just a couple more days and the sets will be complete/verified and available for download from me. Overall I believe I need about 20GB more files, maybe just slightly more. Almost there! :)

If you are downloading the complete set for yourself, I would suggest you get the 42P files from me as a start. They are the hardest to obtain over eMule, and extra sources on them would be a great help.
clocks

Post by clocks »

9.82GB to go for my complete set. :)

Any friend slots if I'm on your queue is much appreciated. Especially for these last 12 hard to get 42P files - the 9 42 files I still have will finish easily enough anyhow.

FANTASTIC! :)
clocks

Post by clocks »

4.25GB to go... I'm getting anxious :)

Will want to reverify everything once more, but everything I have at this point has been checked at least twice. Hopefully not have to redownload anything at all :)