Clocks-2 is up :)

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
clocks
Sign-up code: 0

Clocks-2 is up :)

Post by clocks »

Finally got the bandwidth I wanted :) Hope it helps!! :)

Maybe a little expensive - but I really like the idea of distributing a full set every 10 days to the community.

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Wow. :-) Do you actually share the complete collection at 1 MB/sec? That's crazy! It would mean that slow download speed is no longer an argument for those still hesistating to start downloading.
clocks

Post by clocks »

Just added in all the 4+2 files, both w/ pawns and without. Don't have too much shared quite yet, I have seen 330k/sec combined upload at best so far. Just not too many people wanting the files I have quite yet - only 2GB and mostly partials. But hopefully in a day or two should be there.

Connection speed is 10MBPS, hoping to actually see around 1200K/sec combined speeds sooner or later :)

The computer has 1 750GB drive. I don't see any way to make specific files download to a certain folder, just all to one folder. If there was a way I would add in a 500GB drive and start getting all the 3+3 files too.

Otherwise for now, I'm just going to wait until I get a few hundred GB of these files, get a 500GB and start offloading them.

Downloaded the 3-4-5 piece from Hyatt's server too, so most of my uploads are just those files only at this point.

But yep - completely unmetered 10MBPS line, dedicated to this project. I'm enjoying this far too much LOL.

From my impression it looks like emule has some limitations, it is most definitly set up to be uploading to 30-40 people, not just one. I messed with different settings for a bit, but the best I get on a single connection is around 200k/sec. If I download from it FTP or HTTP, I get around 1.1MB/sec, particularly if I have more than one connection open to it.

I'm wondering how much it improves everything for everybody. As I see it there are around 40 active people. If their average upload is even 30k/sec this is already 1200k/sec going into this. I'm hoping it at least effectively doubles the capacity for us.

I'm tapped on the cash after this one, but it sure is fun to watch LOL

Derek
Lutz Nebe

Post by Lutz Nebe »

That's really great.
I have set your second client clock2 as a friend upload. So you pass away the queue and get constantly files from me.
clocks

Post by clocks »

I appreciate the friend slot :) Will help me grabbing these files, I think so many people must have the files I am getting right now. Only uploading a couple files at the moment. Mostly staying in the 60k/sec upload range

Got to see 510-530K/sec for about 3 minutes just a little bit ago though. :)

Anyone else this addicted they can just sit there and watch? LOL

Most amazing to me with this connection is how many people I'm downloading from. Getting a consistant 225k/sec or so. I'm used to see 50-60k/sec or so from just my laptop. Downloading from 41 people :)

Can't wait to post that screen shot of over 1MB/sec upload LOL

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Was getting a little more curious about the upload capacities.

Added in a movie from bittorrent to download. By the time I had 40MB of it I was uploading combined at 1100-1200k/sec extremely consistantly.

So, this should work quite well, I just need more files than what I have shared at the moment. With the 5-man TB's I have about 13GB shared now.

Should get quite good, just waitin' for it :)

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

clocks wrote:Anyone else this addicted they can just sit there and watch? LOL
Yes. :D

It's good that in the time of internet strange people like us can find each other and gather in packs. :)
clocks

Post by clocks »

Decided to setup FTP on this machine as well. It is permanently online, and IP is static. 12-13GB of 4+2/4+2P shared.

I'll be adding all files in until my set is complete, as well as start uploading by FTP the current files I have on my laptop at home. If anyone is feeling particularly generous, the incoming folder has write-access. Or maybe if you download 10GB you can give me 1GB back, etc, etc.

I'm wondering somewhat on the reliability of faster connections on eMule, as I see a lot of 'stalled' connections happening. FTP seems great, not to mention a faster speed than eMule transfers.

FTP Address: 75.126.91.34 (Port 21)
FTP User ID: EGTB
FTP Password: EGTB

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

I apologize, server was down for these past few hours as I had a 2nd 750GB drive being added.

Will remain permanently up now. :)

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Actually, was running as a service in the background. Someone uploading 80kb/sec to me, and 2 others downloading at 270k/sec combined :)

I think downtime was rather minimal than :)

Derek
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

Hi Derek,

i just finished the upload of "kqrkrp.7.nbw.emd" which was canceled by your server reboot. It should be finished in 5 minutes.

Kai
clocks

Post by clocks »

If anyone uploads a complete set (like someone I would like to say a big THANK YOU to is uploading all of KNNKNP is) it may be helpful to post it here so that everyone knows! :)

The incoming folder is not shared on eMule, but as soon as I drop the files from this folder into any other it will be shared there as well as FTP.

I would very much like this machine's upload to be being completely RAPED 24/7 LOL :)

Text files in the incoming folder are more than welcomed to let others know if you are uploading a set or otherwise. I will keep an eye, clean up as need be.

I have the 4+2/4+2P set downloading on eMule, so if you can stick to the 3+3/3+P set while uploading - it is much appreciated. I cannot wait to post that the entire 3+3 set is completely available for download.

Heading out for a 900 mile round trip to take care of some business later tonight and into tomorrow, but will be back after that.

Also, is anyone interested in an IRC channel perhaps for us to all chat a bit quicker? Not to mention lighten up the overall mood maybe just a tad LOL.

Derek
EnPlaisant

Great stuff

Post by EnPlaisant »

Hi Derek,

Great site !
Great upload and download rate !
Great idea !

Trying uploading kqqkrr.nbw.emd

Marco (EnPlaisant)
clocks

Post by clocks »

Thank you very much everyone for the files added on in. If you have checked out the server, but found nothing you need, just check back. You can easily arrange the files to see whats new based on the date it was created.

I personally use filezilla for my FTP client, its free from sourceforge. Works great, resumable downloads/uploads, etc, etc.

Thanks and happy eMuling/FTP'ing :)

Derek