Some missing or incomplete pawnless 33 on emule

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
Wilfried Eberl
Sign-up code: 0

Some missing or incomplete pawnless 33 on emule

Post by Wilfried Eberl »

Hi folks!

I walked through my dl-list to find out all those pawnless 33, still missing to complete this set on my harddisk. There are just 9 files left, as you may see below (02:55pm GMT+1):

• .... Filename ......... (dlatt/lsc) ...... Filesize . (missing)

KQBKRN.1.NBB ....... (dlatt) ....... 916.82M . (235.29M)
    KQRKBN.NBB ......... (02-05) ......... 1.62G ..... (20.00K) <--- !!! :roll:
    KQBKBN.NBB ......... (02-04) .......... 1.65G .... (86.18K)
    KQBKRB.1.NBB ...... (02-04) ...... 848.02M . (323.61M)
    KQRKRN.NBB ......... (never) ........... 1.62G ..... (1.60G)
    KQNKBN.NBW ........ (never) .......... 1.43G . (948.16M)
    KQNKRN.1.NBB ...... (never) ...... 920.48M . (901.85M)
    KQNKRN.0.NBW ..... (never) ...... 754.90M . (754.90M)
    KQNKRN.1.NBW ..... (never) ...... 743.06M . (715.11M)

Something to think about: Most of the files above have never been seen complete during the whole last week! Are these files simply rare? I don't think so, as the pawnles 33 (afaik) were the first 6-men being generated. Guess, some people do simply move their downloaded files into a folder they do not share? If so, please reconsider your behaviour. Keep the spirit of filesharing alive and share your 6-men folder(s)!

Best regards,
Wilfried
Wulff
Sign-up code: 10159

Post by Wulff »

Sounds strange to me, I just rechecked my files, and I am sharing all of the above, without exception..........
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi Wilfried,

I am sharing KQBKBN at "Kirr-2", which usually means you can get it easily. Just some thoughts:

1. If you have a big list of files to download, it may be possible that you are constantly downloading something else from the peer that has your wanted files. If you have big download list, it helps to adjust the "download priority", to set it to "High" for files that you want first.

2. Be sure to have good connection - connect to both eD2K and KAD. Make sure you have open ports, or forwarded in your router, so that you get "High ID", and not "Low ID" in "Servers" view. Also "Open" for KAD, instead of "Firewalled".
Wilfried Eberl

Still no success...

Post by Wilfried Eberl »

Thanks Dan and Kirill,

but it seems to be a problem in emule itselves - the program, not the network. Here is what i noticed, just after reading Dan's answer and having a second look to emule:

I started a new search for one of the mentioned files above. The search window clearly showed 4 sources and 75%. During the search it showed 2 sources and 50% at first, then 3 - 66% and at least 4 - 75%. It is for sure, that the requested file was available at least from 3 sources by 100% (means: 3 times complete).

Now i went back to the transfer window. Still the neccessary parts of the very file were missing. Again a rightclick to this file told me, that it still has never been seen complete. This is a couple of hours ago and right now it is the same again. Maybe not worth to be mentioned, but of course these missing parts are still redcoloured. So what is going wrong within this program, if the network is fine?

I checked the program's properties over and over - but everything seems right and working fine. My download speed is 200+ (peak was 350) almost all over the day, all important dls are set to high priority, i'm connected to ed2k as well as to kad and my id is high for sure.

Well, even if it is a problem within emule (v0.47a), i will not downgrade to an earlier version. Maybe it is just better to show some patience. If the mentioned files are some more public, the increasing sources may help to get the files completed. Of course, if someone got a clue to solve this strange problem, i will be happy to know.

Thanks again and best regards,
Wilfried
gambit3

Post by gambit3 »

Now i went back to the transfer window. Still the neccessary parts of the very file were missing. Again a rightclick to this file told me, that it still has never been seen complete. This is a couple of hours ago and right now it is the same again. Maybe not worth to be mentioned, but of course these missing parts are still redcoloured. So what is going wrong within this program, if the network is fine?
it is possible that your link is to an erroneous file. try cancelling these and re-searching, not including the hash of the files you currently have in your search. there were reports not long after it was discovered that chessbase itself was distributing an erroneous file of other such fauly files. i don't remember the list offhand, but it is possible your files are in it. if memory serves, there were about 15 files in that list...
those who can, do
those who can't, teach
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

All 3+3 pawnless are reliably shared already. I am sharing all of them too, so they must be downloadable easily. The links to the correct files are available at the EGTB sharing project page. The links from that page should be more reliable than the search, because the releasers usually check their files with MD5 & datacomp before sending me the links.