How many complete Nalimov sets are there?

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
jkominek
Sign-up code: 0

How many complete Nalimov sets are there?

Post by jkominek »

Greetings,

This is my first posting, writing to say that earlier this week (Dec 4) I completed my egtb collection. Thank you to everyone who ever appeared in my download queue! I'm sharing all the 5-man and 6-man tablebases and hope to do so indefinitely.

So, how many complete collections of Nalimov tablebases are there? In discussing it briefly, Kirill and I estimate 7-8 with 5 being actively shared. If you have or are nearing a complete set (and aren't embarassed to admit), feel welcome to add yourself to this thread, mentioning when you finished your collection.

I think it would be a nice "christmas present" to Kirill if by the end of the year there are 10 complete sets shared. Then he can color all his smiley faces blue. Which he longs to do.

john

P.S. Okay, technically, no one has a complete 6-men set since the 5-1 bases that Martin and Guido are generating have not been cross-validated and converted to Nalimov format. Once done we can start a fresh thread then.
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Re: How many complete Nalimov sets are there?

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi John!

I share complete set on one machine and about 300 GB on another machine. Finished downloading somewhere in October I guess (don't remember now). Also going to share indefinitely for as long as I can. :-)
jkominek wrote:I think it would be a nice "christmas present" to Kirill if by the end of the year there are 10 complete sets shared. Then he can color all his smiley faces blue. Which he longs to do.
Yes that would be very nice! :D :D :D
Pachnes

Re: How many complete Nalimov sets are there?

Post by Pachnes »

Hi John, hi Kirill,

I do share a complete set too, but as I posted earlier, I would like, if all of the members, who are able to, would use a eMule Mod with Webcache function. I use StulleMule 4.1, as this Mod does show the webcache hits and the amount of MB I transfer to the webcache.

I think, if 50 % of the members would use such a Mod with Webcache function, time for downloading would decrease to less than half of the time.

Regards,

Thomas
Regards,

Thomas
guyhaw
Sign-up code: 10159

Complete sets of Nalimov DTM EGTs

Post by guyhaw »

Complete sets exist [modulo known/unknown file-corruptions] at least with:
(non-sharers?) Eugene Nalimov, Vincent Diepeveen (and maybe neighbours), Nelson Hernandez, Eiko Bleicher
(sharers?) JK, KK, Pachnes, (presumably) Renze Steenhuisen, maybe Wulf
g
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

I think (guess) Dan Wulff and Keith Ian Price share full collections. This together with John, Thomas and me makes 5 complete sources for all files (if I am correct). Will be great to hear from anyone else sharing the full collection.

Also, did anyone see Renze sharing his files online recently (last 6 months)?
clocks

Post by clocks »

Count me into the 'finished club'. Been done for a few days, but so busy with moving haven't had a chance to post.

HUGE thanks go to jkominek for such a large amount of uploads to me. Everyone else that uploaded over the FTP site, or gave me any amount of data over eMule, I wanted to say 'thanks' to as well.

Over the next month I'll be shifting from the server to a line at my home, so the speed out of the server will likely drop by quite bit. I wish to continue to share these quickly until I have sent out at least 10 sets worth - from that point (probably still 2-3 months away), keep eMule running with at least a 100k/sec upload at all times.
Lutz Nebe

Post by Lutz Nebe »

Hi all,
I'm finish too. On friday last week I got my last file. I was online with eMule around 206 days. So I got the whole set within 7 mionths. I will soon be online again to share the whole set.

Thanks to all who helped me
Lutz
Pachnes

Post by Pachnes »

Hi!

I share the complete set TB42p. I do upload TB42p to 18-20 members 24/7 with 80 KB/s. I stopped to share the other sets. Is this ok?
Regards,

Thomas
clocks

Post by clocks »

I personally think this is very good - the 42P set is by far the hardest to get a hold of. More copies out there of it would be a big help.

I am working to get the set from my server to my computer at home. I'm off of eMule at the moment, but the FTP site is up still.