Whats everyone's download/upload stats? :)

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
clocks
Sign-up code: 0

Whats everyone's download/upload stats? :)

Post by clocks »

I'd be curious to hear from anyone their totals for download and totals for upload over emule.

Just started a little over 24 hours ago. Down 6.3GB, up 12.1GB.

To this end, it would be very cool to have a mod that kept track of TB upload/download data. I think it would get some to up their max upload, and encourage others, trying for the best ranking. There could also be a 2nd column that was weighted, based of the user's upload rate through ISP, to have a "Fair" one as well. Its something I think would be very cool. :) But maybe thats just my personality in play here.

Derek
Pachnes

Re: Whats everyone's download/upload stats? :)

Post by Pachnes »

clocks wrote:I'd be curious to hear from anyone their totals for download and totals for upload over emule.

Just started a little over 24 hours ago. Down 6.3GB, up 12.1GB.

To this end, it would be very cool to have a mod that kept track of TB upload/download data. I think it would get some to up their max upload, and encourage others, trying for the best ranking. There could also be a 2nd column that was weighted, based of the user's upload rate through ISP, to have a "Fair" one as well. Its something I think would be very cool. :) But maybe thats just my personality in play here.

Derek
MorphXT 9.2 and StulleMule 4.1 (based on MorphXT 9.2) have such Features. Just stop your eMule, make a backup of the complete eMule directory, and copy all files from MorphXT 9.2 or StulleMule over the existing installation.

(When I speak from a backup of the eMule directory, I assume, that you have moved the directories .../eMule/temp and .../eMule/Incoming, as for our purpose (many and huge files) those directories should have their own disk or at least their own partition :-). If not so, go to "Options", "Directories" and write the new path of these directories. Click ok and eMule will ask you to stop eMule in advance, as it can not find its Temp and Incoming anymore. Stop eMule, move both directories to the place, you just did configure and start eMule again.
Regards,

Thomas
clocks

Post by clocks »

Guess nobody wants to say :)
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

My "Kirr-2" machine uploaded 2.16 TB so far. It is not sharing EGTBs rigth now because I ran out of hard disks. :-) I'll post about my other machines later.
clocks

Post by clocks »

36.3GB uploaded so far for me, moving right along. One "lucky" person has been getting 130k/sec from me most of the day LOL :)

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

T1 getting installed by tuesday/wednesday - I'm on such a binge of internet speed LOL. Will be able to offer about 350k/sec up to the community. Right now just capped it at 150k/sec so I can still use my phone fine and such. Will just add the full speed of the 2nd line on on, so I figure 340k/sec total I can do.

Still takes forever to share a full set's worth of data, but can keep this going, every 42 days I will have uploaded another set. :)

$80/month for this, as I will be buying an unused line from our city hall here. Will actually come on my water bill :) Dirt cheap in my mind, they pay for T3 access, I actually called them asking if I could have the EGTB's shared on their line would have offered 4000k/sec+ up, their tech (a good friend) offered me this. It will be an ethernet line run, and about 2 1/2 city blocks with a repeater in the middle - he's hoping to run it off of solar power only.

Too excited not to share, I'm getting a WAN router for load balancing, ordering today, they promise tomorrow shipment and will be here next day. As I understand, will be perfect for emule with many connections open, but the most any single person will get is around 185k/sec. I'm actually hoping my tech friend just submitted the papers to get me in the door, and is going to cap it a little higher. I will work on it, if I could offer 500k/sec up this would be awesome. 2000-3000k/sec I would just run a web server perhaps :) I have a budget of maybe $150/month I can put into my little hobby here. I've actually finished work on my 3000GT (project for the last couple of years) - my girlfriend would be a LOT happier to not see $500+/month going into that now LOL.

Just smiling here, getting all nerdy about it LOL.

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Well, was going with the linksys DI-LB604, but it looks like it only switches connections for you when one is down, not true load balancing. I'm open to suggestions on models for something good with load balancing, looking around for something good. Hoping to keep this under a $150 price tag though.

I realize there's software ones, but it isn't what I want, I just want a physical router to do this for me.

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Kirr: 985 GB up, Kirr-3: 254 GB up. Both are slow.
clocks

Post by clocks »

Very awesome - about 3 sets shared in all :)

Had my computer down for most of the day so didn't get a chance, but back up now.

I'm hopeful that these 6-man ones get distributed a lot better, and more and more 7-man will start to work their way out. I've read a lot online about new hard drives that were coming out - I am hopeful that the 200-300TB of data I've read it is estimated to take for all 7-man will get rather reasonable in the next year or two. I personally would pay around $2000 USD to have enough space to store that on. By today's figures, even with a pretty great deal I'm thinking it would be about $40,000. The distribution of it will be an even bigger nightmare though :)

Maybe a lot more people getting on fiber with a 5MB upload is going to help, I would be on that, but not available to my area for some time yet I would think. Even at 700k/sec down for everyone it would take 10 years to download a full 7-man set. LOL Something's gotta give, but I figure this is the work towards the eventual solving of chess.

I wonder what piece total we can stop calling them 'egtb' and start calling them 'mgtb' :)

Just thoughts :)

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Pretty happy with this:

http://www.hotbrick.com/produto.asp?tipo=2&codPro=1

I was wanting another one they had with not nearly as many features, list price of $219. Ended up finding that one though with a $175 price tag :)

Can't beat a router/firewall such as this, and the throughput it can handle for $175 :)

There were some cheaper ones, but had awful reviews. Or another cheaper one that only was good to 11.5mbps.

Well, once this is here, I should have a consistant 340k/sec+ up for sharing these files. :)

Derek
EnPlaisant

Post by EnPlaisant »

Hi,

I am using eMule 0.47c (EnPlaisant).
Since Nov 1 2006 98 GB upload, 90 GB download.
And of course using the TableWell ftp-server.
Beside these two I am generating some tables as well.
(I found 'RunTbGen.rar' via eMule).

Fast P2P to all,
Marco
Norm Pruitt

Hi Clocks

Post by Norm Pruitt »

I am new to Tablebases and have started using the few i have on playchess.com. I have uploaded 30.51GB so far mostly from what i have downloaded. Average Uploadrate:41.4KB/s on a 384KB/s Up Connection with the limit set at 44KB/s.
Have downloaded 32.36GB and have a computer working on the project 24/7. Average Downloadrate:31.9KB/s on a 3000KB/s Down Connection, actual is 3900KB/s thanks Time Warner Cable :lol:
Just built a linux computer and loaded aMule. I know nothing about linux but have wanted to learn for a long time. I will us it to do tablebases and will be adding hard drives over the next year. (Retired Fixed Income). Starting out with 4 SATA1 drives a 200, 250, 200, and 200GB. Well thats my status through today, and could not end without thanking Pachnes for all his help.
Good Luck Norm/PAKman
Play in the playchess.com engine room as PAKman.
Using water cooled FX-60 at 3000MHz.
Over 100,000 computer games played under the PAK nicknames.
Thanks, Norm
clocks

Post by clocks »

Actually very awesome to get to know who's who and whom I'm swapping data with.

Uploaded 44GB EGTB data to date, hoping to get 50GB by the end of today :)

Hoping to get these extra lines to the internet, and share about 25GB/day to the community. I'm thinking of other ideas on who else can use their upload capacities for this project as well.

I have one friend with a 1000kbps upload, he might be willing to dedicate around 70k/sec upload for this. Would get about another 6GB/day out there for everyone. He owes me some money anyway, this could be his interest :) Maybe just get all 3+3 and 4+2 (no pawns) on a hard drive and leave at his place for this.

I'll just be thrilled to know I've distributed even 1 full set of the 6-man files, no matter how long thats going to take :)

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Anyone know who CrewBuckUS is? This seems to be the person that I'm trading the most with, but have no clue who it is. Maybe not on the forums?

Derek
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

clocks wrote:I have one friend with a 1000kbps upload, he might be willing to dedicate around 70k/sec upload for this. Would get about another 6GB/day out there for everyone. He owes me some money anyway, this could be his interest :) Maybe just get all 3+3 and 4+2 (no pawns) on a hard drive and leave at his place for this.
This is very good thinking!
clocks wrote:Anyone know who CrewBuckUS is? This seems to be the person that I'm trading the most with, but have no clue who it is. Maybe not on the forums?
You can try eMule's built in chat (Messages view). This is how lot of people got to know each other there. :-)
TapaniS

Post by TapaniS »

Hi everybody,

Just punched 300 GB border! I'm collecting first the most interesting endgames (with pawns) and maybe continue later for the other ones.

Upload eMule 120 GB.
Download eMule 111 GB.

I'm uploading also to TableWell so my upload rate is quite low in eMule.

Btw. TableWell cost about $10 USD / month. It has been most interesting task building this kind of site. :D

Regards,
TapaniS
jkominek

Post by jkominek »

For me,

uploaded: 1.33 TB
downloaded: 871 GB
(completing what I had already got from Hyatt's old ftp site).

john
clocks

Post by clocks »

135GB Uploaded. 7GB/day uploaded on average so far, wish I had had it connected 24/7, but needed to take to down a few times to take the laptop with me. I got an older HP e-pc from a friend, so will have that set up 24/7 soon.

Still researching what is available for internet connection upgrades. Right now just have it capped to 175KB/sec upload. I think some people are enjoying their 70-80k/sec downloads from me. :)

Wish to be able to share a full set at 1.5MB/sec, this has to be possible one way or another. I am realizing the potential of having these databases shared better, wish to just share over emule. It looks like local ISPs (DSL/Cable, ETC) might get irritated if I was uploading so much, so looking into getting a dedicated line. T1 is available to me for $260/month, just crazy to only offer 187.5k/sec upload though. There has to be something better to be able to upload at nice speeds, I'm checking around. I'm trying to work a deal on a wireless connection (Dish to a tower about 11 miles away) that would offer me 5000kbps (625K/sec up), it may end up working out. Not sure what I can get really - just wanting to offer something really good back to the community :)

Derek
clocks

Post by clocks »

Hmmph, ISP got on me, saying I'm uploading too much. 175GB uploaded in last 3 weeks or less. Lame.

They told me they don't like anyone uploading more than 1GB/mo (.4K/sec, give me a break!).

Well - rather irritated with it, sent an email to the CEO, whom I was in contact once before. Hopefully *something* can be done, for now they tell me if I exceed 1GB in a day they'll cut me off, using some BS from their user agreement about how I am sustaining a level of bandwidth that is interfering with other's ability to use the internet.

Well - my neighbor's line is split right off mine, he doesn't have a problem with his internet at all. What crap. LOL

So for the moment cutting off the uploads on the EGTB files, hopefully be up in a day or two. I think if I upgrade to the business-tier they can't say crap is my understanding, so for $10/month more - whatever.

Moving soon anyway - what a nightmare there too! LOL

Stressed with 1000 other things too, holiday sales and customers are the biggest pain ever. I keep trying to remind myself of all the money raked in December, but its hard when I see I constantly need to ship 350-500 items. Not even to mention customs holding onto a $17000 shipment that has thrown me completely off balance. 20 years old and not having that much to fall back on yet SUCKS! LOL

Thank God there's a beautiful girl in my life to ease the pains lol

Alright I'm done :)

Derek
PAKman

Post by PAKman »

Hi,
I feel your pain!
I moved this year, took two months.
Retired from a computer Retail/Service company and now my hobby is computer chess, :lol:
I built a FTP server over the holiday and at my age learning comes hard.
You were my motivation, i like the the posting from you because i learn.
It is incomplete but the IP is 71.68.97.166 Port 21, User:chess. Password:chess.
Still learning FileZilla and using it to download from you, and eMule to Upload/Download 24/7.
I will have to limit my bandwidth so as not to get in trouble with Time-Warner. I called them to upgrade my upload from my present 384. They wanted $26.00 per month for 512KB/s, i can't justify that with my limited experience.
Thanks for doing what you do!
Norm Pruitt/PAKman
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

PAKman wrote:Hi,
I feel your pain!
I moved this year, took two months.
Retired from a computer Retail/Service company and now my hobby is computer chess, :lol:
I built a FTP server over the holiday and at my age learning comes hard.
You were my motivation, i like the the posting from you because i learn.
It is incomplete but the IP is 71.68.97.166 Port 21, User:chess. Password:chess.
Still learning FileZilla and using it to download from you, and eMule to Upload/Download 24/7.
I will have to limit my bandwidth so as not to get in trouble with Time-Warner. I called them to upgrade my upload from my present 384. They wanted $26.00 per month for 512KB/s, i can't justify that with my limited experience.
Thanks for doing what you do!
Norm Pruitt/PAKman
Hi Norm. If you like your FTP site to be listed on the EGTB Online page, please let me know!
PAKman

Post by PAKman »

Hi Kirill,
Yes please list my new FTP://71.68.97.166 Port:21, User:chess, Password:chess. Did not know about the list, i will look around.
It is not complete but up and running.
Two downloads and one upload happening now, make me smile. :D
Thanks for this site, I'm here 2 or 3 times daily.
Norm
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Hi Guys

I have uploaded via emule over 100GB's and downloaded around 180GB's.

I have all my 6 man shared via emule (around 350GB's)

Unfortunatly my max upload is around 23kb via a 2 meg DSL connection.

A thank you to clocks as I seem to get a good download rate from you on the files I need (50 - 100 kb a sec)

My emule id is Kovo.

Regards Darrell
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

PAKman wrote:Hi Kirill,
Yes please list my new FTP://71.68.97.166 Port:21, User:chess, Password:chess. Did not know about the list, i will look around.
It is not complete but up and running.
Two downloads and one upload happening now, make me smile. :D
Thanks for this site, I'm here 2 or 3 times daily.
Norm
Thanks, added to the web-page now.
jkominek

Post by jkominek »

Derek -

To keep going I have had to fill out a "bandwidth exemption" form. So far haven't been cut off. You should now be seeing a combined upload rate from me of 800 KB/s. Post another screen dump if you will!

We have about 775/984 33p files uploaded, though the remainder are mostly the big ones. Once done I'll fill the holes and replace the failed transmissions. Let's hope almost all have made it through intact.

john