TableWell break downs

Endgame analysis using tablebases, EGTB generation, exchange, sharing, discussions, etc..
TapaniS
Sign-up code: 0

TableWell break downs

Post by TapaniS »

I notised that the operator has suspended TableWell :(

64 regards,
TapaniS
Last edited by TapaniS on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
phareast

Re: TableWell terminated

Post by phareast »

TapaniS wrote:I notised that Gisol has terminated TableWell :(

Bad time, I can act only after 4.11.

64 regards,
TapaniS

Will TableWell be back on?

phareast
TapaniS

TableWell open

Post by TapaniS »

The operator (Gisol) has opened TableWell again!

There have been some problems with server resources and I guess that the operator has fixed some other issues that has been quilty for this.

They might be watching TableWell more closely now while there has been very heavy trafic through it.

I hope that TableWell could serve without breakdowns in the future but I can not guarantee this 8)

64 regards,
TapaniS
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Thanks for your sharing, Tapanis! Tablewell is linked on EGTB Online page, that may contribute to your traffic.
EnPlaisant

Post by EnPlaisant »

Hi,

Maybe it was me (I got ALL the files from TableWell).
But I am sharing it all by P2P :lol:

Thanks TableWell,
Marco de Boer (EnPlaisant)
Kees

Post by Kees »

Hi

Tablewell is again being suspended

Kees
TapaniS

TableWell opened again

Post by TapaniS »

The operator (Gisol) told me that it was an accident caused by resource monitor that assumed that I had uploaded many large files over HTTP (causing many apache threads).

However the statistics indicates over 100 GB data transfer rate for 13.11.! I think that might be the real cause 8)

It seems that p2p (eMule) is the only way to keep these files shared. No one can keep all files online at the same time, if 30 GB of them can block the lines.

64 regards,
TapaniS
clocks

Post by clocks »

I think the server actually keeps going down. Not really sure, attached is the graph of the bandwidth as I am downloading some files I have yet. Red is my download, besides downloading about 50k/sec from eMule, its the only thing up.

And, by the way, thanks for offering these files for download, it helps a great deal. I already am sharing some that people just were downloading from eMule instead. Will leave these available for as long as I can foresee into the future.

Derek
TapaniS

Merry Christmas!

Post by TapaniS »

TableWell Christmas present was intented to cover new content for the whole 30 Gb space available!

Unfortunately I got a message this morning that TableWell has been temporarily suspended due to using too much resouces. I hope to get TableWell opened again as soon as possible.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you (over 100 members now!)!

TapaniS
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi TapaniS! Thanks for your efforts!

I was hoping we can get all files to 10 full sources by the end of year, but this does not seem realistic now. May be by the end of winter? :-) Anyway we are doing good progress overall.

Happy holidays to everyone! :-)
TapaniS

TableWell down

Post by TapaniS »

I'm sorry to tell but the operator (Gisol) told me that they have suspended TableWell permanently. :cry:

Regards,
TapaniS
Kirill Kryukov
Site Admin

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Hi TapaniS. Thanks for running Tablewell all this time, I am sure it helped to many. All the files are still available on p2p as usual, so please don't worry. BTW this illustrates why we need p2p even when we already have fast FTP and web-sites. p2p will continue as long as at least one person keeps sharing. Happy New Year! :)
Last edited by Kirill Kryukov on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
clocks

Post by clocks »

Wonderful you ran it :) It is much appreciated, I am sure you distributed at least a few full sets worth of data in the process :)

I read about gisol maybe a week back, horrible customer service from the looks of things. Did you prepay them for a year or any time into the future? It sounds like getting your money back may be quite a hassle. They have the absolute lowest rating with the BBB.

Derek